Kids bike Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a Pixie, comes standard Pixie or Sting ray Pixie. I have that exact bike, I was gonna post a pic but cant figure out how to post a pic. I have one close to mint, I paid 5.99 at a Salvation Army Store.

looks like early 70's, if the reflector on the front rim is correct that would mean bout 77 or later. Usually the pedals would also have reflectors 77 or later. Early 70s probably no relfectors

Outlaw90 said:
Good score man!! i have an newer double top bar pixie layin around..

Yours is called a "mixte" frame. The one barnbikes found is called a convertible. Only the one tube is a permanent part of the frame. Not real strong, but strong enough for 40-lb kids.

Does look like it was a Stingray Pixie. The later one was offered like that as well. Fun little project. A wheel from another kids' bike will be a good substitute and probably safer- a lot of these were offered with fixed cog rear hubs- they say "NO BRAKES" om the chainguard.

My guess is you've got a '73 or '74 there. Maybe an SAE approval date on the yellow reflector.

Good luck with it.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back