Keep it? Sell it? Part it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1245.JPG
Last summer I was estranged from my beloved Electra Deluxe and picked up this sweet Rally Sport Track on Craigslist as a replacement.

Now, I'm reunited with Dee Lux and not sure what to do with the RS.

Here's the situation:
  • I don't need two flat-foot Electra cruisers.
  • I prefer Dee Lux to this RS
  • I could use some extra cash
  • I could use the space the RS is taking up
Here's the rub:
  • Currently, the bike doesn't seem to be worth much $ (hardly worth selling)
  • But, it's cool as heck
  • Probably worth more $ as parts than a complete bike
  • Swapping parts over to a more traditional cruiser frame would be a neat project
It's springtime, so if I'm gonna sell it, now's the time.

Or, I could just hold on to the bike. It makes some nice living room art.

What do all think?

I'd part it or keep the parts for another build. Those forks and stem are so sweet, as well as the wheelset, and they would fit a stretch cruiser well for example.

This has been on my mind lately...I will always try to keep a bike together before I part it out. Tax refunds are rolling out....prime time to find a buyer.

I understand that my thoughts on the topic have no connection to any kind of pragmatism, but they're my thoughts and I'm kind of stuck with 'em, right?

I'd part it or keep the parts for another build. Those forks and stem are so sweet, as well as the wheelset, and they would fit a stretch cruiser well for example.

Yeah, I'd probably be selling the parts because when I think about what I'd like to build it doesn't have 24x3" tires or triple-tree forks.

I agree those parts would look sweet on a stretch though. Great thought!

This has been on my mind lately...I will always try to keep a bike together before I part it out. Tax refunds are rolling out....prime time to find a buyer.

I understand that my thoughts on the topic have no connection to any kind of pragmatism, but they're my thoughts and I'm kind of stuck with 'em, right?

I'm the same way about selling bikes. I'd much rather sell it complete. Both to keep the bike together and to eliminate the hassle of selling parts to multiple individuals. Plus, I'd probably have to ship parts, whereas I know I could sell the whole bike to somebody near the Jersey shore.

I hadn't thought about tax returns. More good timing.

I wonder if parts sell better in the winter. That's when I figure most people would be building. Summer's for riding, right?

Maybe swap the parts onto a traditional cruiser and put that cruiser's parts on this to seel it as a rider?

Latest posts

Back