• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

JUVENILE SKIP TOOTH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank or hub?

I took one off of a 24" JC Higgins so it's a Murray style. 26 tooth, 8 1/2" in diameter from the outer edges of the teeth. I'll post a picture later. $25 plus S&H to the lower 48.

Ed

Okay, sorry it won't work for you. But this one I have is original to the 24" JC Higgins which has the Mussleman built "air cooled" rear hub on it. It just has shorter arms on the crank than my other Higgins bikes.

Getting it back to original. It's been fun. The fork was broken off at the top of the head tube and the tank had rust holes around one of the "exhaust" ports. I got in in primer before the weather got too cold to paint outside so I'll have to hope for a couple of warm days to do the paint. I need to have the rims media blasted and paint them before re-lacing them. No current pictures but here are a couple of what I had to start with.
IMG_20190527_121820778.jpg

And what it will hopefully look like when completed

1950-s-jc-higgins-bicycle-americanlisted_38639239.jpg

Still looking for a correct seat.

Looks good to me. I just bought a raggedy leather coat at the thrift store with which I'm going to cover a couple of other seats, one more won't hurt. What do you want for it? Send me a PM if that's your choice for discussing $$ and addresses/phone numbers

Neat looking bike you've got going. I'm trying to find a similar pre-war Elgin for my wife. One with the skirt guard and other niceties. I want us to ride in next years "Tweed Ride" here in the KC area and none of the girls bikes I have now are what I consider old enough.

Ed

Latest posts

Back