Just Stopped By

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. Just wanted to say hi to all the old members that might still remember me. I'm alive and doing well.
The bad part is just clicking over 67 my desire to jump out in the garage and whip up a bike frame has gone. I had
fun and sometimes when I'm really bored I look through all my old builds. Did quite a few. Not the best builder to
ever hit here , but was in the top ones. I see after reading a few that there is still the nagging question on how to
bend pipe. Never was hard with the right benders, but you had to spend a little to get perfection. Its like any other
hobby , you have to have the right tools. The ability comes with trial and effort. One day you look up and have just
built a killer frame. Will make you smile. As you go, you get better and better. If you don't have the right stuff , its like
a doctor trying to operate with a buck knife.
So now I build a few guns and three of us retired guys go shooting on Mondays. So if we are ever attacked by targets
then we got it covered. The other two shoot 300 yards and I poke holes at 25 yards with pistols. Collected a few German
Lugers. After a few shooting sessions, I understand why we won the war. :) So that and all the activities in this 55 and up
community keeps me busy. The main thing around here is to walk your dog. Well that and watch for what neighbors have
died. Interesting place to live....no kids or teenagers burning rubber around. Plenty peaceful though. If your under 19
you have to leave at 6pm......ah quiet.
Well that is about it for an update from an old member. Hope everybody is doing well.

Great to catch up with you Uncle Stretch! Definitely one of the top builders we used to have. You should really checkout @hammer mechanic 's Pinnochio build. I can see a lot of your influence there.

In regards to your gun build, I sure hope you aren't bending pipe for barrels. That usually doesn't work well for Wiley Coyote.

Best wishes for the peaceful life you have found.

Its funny we have a big lake in the middle of our neighborhood. It has
a 10' wide concrete path all around it. Its a mile from start to finish. I
kept 5 of the builds I couldn't part with, and when we ride the lake all
the people say man you sure have big tires on your bikes. They always
ask where I got them....My answer is WalMart.

Be careful! I just stopped by....and entered a build off. :39:

Yeah Kota I saw that. My problem is I lost my ACed shop when I moved and this place has zero lot lines and won't let you build a shop in the back yard. If I had an ac in my garage , I might still be doing stuff. I have half a double car garage but its about 3000 degrees in there and not conducive to building anything. I could put a mini split in there but they won't let you show a unit outside....dumb old people. This is where I live now. Big house no space.
DSCF0003.JPG
DSCF0007.JPG

Good to see you're well Unc. I'm still waiting for Skip (thatismytruck) to build the frame you made him. Maybe by the time we're living in a retirement community he will.

Keep on keeping on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been putting off going to an over 55 community (I do hate the snow more every year). Your community looks very nice. I seem to have gone in the opposite direction than you. In the 90's I used to shoot pistols competitively, and hunt quite a bit. Then I started building bikes around 04 and the guns took a back seat. I understand about losing the desire to build, same happened here. I've became re-excited the past few months, but who knows what will happen next. Good luck! Glad to hear your doing well.

Hi to everybody. I miss the fun of the post.
Kota this place is nice and they do everything for you. Mow your yard. play with your plants and paint your house every 7 years. The lake is fun , with lots of fish, but you have to throw them back. Catch a bunch
but basically just piss them off. Here is my neighbor holding my biggest
one and the others are about what you normally catch. Its a fun place with no crime. Really if we had any it would give us something to shoot at. We have a 75 acre preserve at one side. Got a couple bobcats, some beavers and lots of coons and possums. They have dances every couple weeks and all the old people act crazy. Because its gated they all get blasted and drive home. No DWI's here.
05-30-15_1744.jpg
05-30-15_1827.jpg
image2-3.jpg

Your place looks good! I'm a year away from social security and moved into a new 55+ community with the wife this year. It's in the middle of an upscale neighborhood here in Hawaii. They fought a low income development, so they made a deal to make it 55+ only. Nice and quiet. It's a good thing I'm considered low income with my military retirement, this new condo would cost a fortune otherwise. I still can't believe I'm here in Hawaii.
But, like yours, no place to work on bikes. I'm still hoping to find a fabrication shop and buddy up with them. I have an idea for a frame but need a shop and some experienced welders. I'm the only old guy with a bike here.

Latest posts

Back