Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/24 Full mockup

I took the little cylinder I cut out from the flashlight and shoved it precisely into position with a brass hammer.

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/24 Full mockup

Once the cylinder was in there I inserted the battery pack (I used a test wire to test it all. I also used the contacts at the edge of the original light to ground against the body of the housing, but I don’t trust this over the long haul because of all the vibration a bicycle will impart. I will run 2 wires for a complete circuit instead of using a grounded circuit. It will be much more reliable).

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

It worked! Now to plan where my switch will be, I have a couple ideas…

I know this is a lot to write about such a small thing, but I need more pages and don’t have bunny pics! Not really, but if it helps one guy get an idea he can use, it is worth it.

Good luck and GTB! Rg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/30 taillight

thanks Raggedjim I've been trying to come up with light ideas myself you jus showed me anything can be converted

Cool 8)

Awesome work on that light.

yoothgeye said:
raggedjim said:
Thanks for the comments, no updates, had robot problems last night. Rg

Johnny 5 is alive!

Yeap, and it's my job to keep him that way... :|

Soldered up a cord to my light last night. Very tedious and difficult to get the solder hot enough to stick but not hot enough to ruin the board. It put me in a bad mood and I didn't take pics, they would have been boring anyway...

Also welded some braces to my seat, trying to get some of the fine details wrapped up so I can move to more exciting things.

Rg

yoothgeye said:
raggedjim said:
yoothgeye said:
Johnny 5 is alive!
Yeap, and it's my job to keep him that way... :|

Have you taught him how to be self aware and understand jokes and the desire to protect life?

No, but out of 19 robots I work on 2 have more "personality" than the others. Rg

Nice job on the light. Wiring is my downfall. I have no idea what I am doing. Then again, that's never gotten in my way before. Seriously though...nice stuff.

There's a lot of info on the internet that will get you started, but basically I bought some ferric acid from Radio Shack (they call it PCB Etchant), some .015" brass shim stock from Fastenal (don't buy it at a hobby shop, it is TOO expensive! The shim stock comes in 6" x 6' so you can make a lot of badges with it). You have to get a design to put on the brass, you can draw it on with a sharpie, or create the design on a computer and print it in reverse with a laser jet then iron it on the brass. I got all of this from the web and it is a neat process. Try it, if you are like me you will enjoy it!

Good luck, Rg

Forgot to add, spent some time staring at the bike trying to figure out the lights and all the brackets so I can get all the welding done and get the bike frame stripped. Still have some work to do before I am at that point.

May have a few pics to post tomorrow.

Thanks, Rg

Some updates, don’t want to stay on page 2 forever…

Well, I liked the way the shape and fit of this seat but wasn’t too sure about the black. So I bought some of this. Not sure how it will wear, but I did clean, sand, and spray the seat with adhesion promoter to try to make it last as long as possible. Time will tell…

DSC00293.jpg

Seat started out like this
DSC00275.jpg

Latest posts

Back