Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/24 Full mockup

Nice looking bike.That fork looks good :!:

I absolutely love your "faux" suspension on the rear! Details like that are vote getters!! 8)
Nicely done sir! I have a long weekend coming up, I hope to be able to tear into mine!! I feel like a hack compared to guys like you! :(

man, this ride has enough springs on it to jump TALL buildings! :wink: Looking good!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, no progress over the holiday, family time comes first! As far as hacks and what-not, I am king of the hacks... Everything I do I do 3 times, somethings work, others don't. I use mostly hand tools (well, I know the welder is an advantage some of the guys don't have, but I'm an old guy and had to save a bunch of lunch money to get it...). I think anyone on this site could build a bike like this.

Hope to have a real update soon, Rg

Looks good, can I make a suggestion? (waits for answer... did I hear a yes?)

OK, what can you do to bring emphasis to the rear suspension? I know it's there because of the build, but just looking at the photo my attention is drawn to the front and the rear suspension just kind of blends in and I think it needs to be showcased.

yoothgeye said:
Looks good, can I make a suggestion? (waits for answer... did I hear a yes?)

OK, what can you do to bring emphasis to the rear suspension? I know it's there because of the build, but just looking at the photo my attention is drawn to the front and the rear suspension just kind of blends in and I think it needs to be showcased.

Yeah, kinda looks like Boyd did the front and Chip did the rear... I try to be Fooshish, I think subtle is cool. I want the bike to look like it could have come from the factory when it is done. I have a feeling my seat design will make the rear suspension even less noticable. Well, it's a symphony, not a drum solo...

Thanks, Rg

raggedjim said:
Yeah, kinda looks like Boyd did the front and Chip did the rear... I try to be Fooshish, I think subtle is cool. I want the bike to look like it could have come from the factory when it is done. I have a feeling my seat design will make the rear suspension even less noticable. Well, it's a symphony, not a drum solo...

Thanks, Rg

Well don't get me wrong, I love it. Can't wait to see your further treatments on it.

Believe me, I need all the advice I can get! I won't always take it (sometimes you just have to leave it alone and work on something else) but I do listen to it. I really wish I had started with the rear instead of the front, I have a new design for the front fork that would work great with the rear struts, but, other than cleaning it up a bit, I'm not changing at this point. Maybe a future bike, I always want my next bike to be better than the last. The first one's I did were pretty basic bolt-on changes.

Rg

8)
raggedjim said:
Believe me, I need all the advice I can get! I won't always take it (sometimes you just have to leave it alone and work on something else) but I do listen to it. I really wish I had started with the rear instead of the front, I have a new design for the front fork that would work great with the rear struts, but, other than cleaning it up a bit, I'm not changing at this point. Maybe a future bike, I always want my next bike to be better than the last. The first one's I did were pretty basic bolt-on changes.

Rg

That's the great thing about the build off.It makes you learn new skills and buy more tools after looking at other builds.And there are some awesome builds goin' on this year.It's always cool hangin' out with such talented and creative people.Whether it's car guys,bike guys,musicians,painters etc. they seem to feed off each others ideas and you get stuff like you see here.
I dig your approach and theory.Your bike is pretty cool,too 8) 8)

I love the faux rear as it is.

If you wanna make it pop, then slice a vertical hole on the backside of the bars and fab up some wicked batwing partial fender skirts sticking through them. :shock:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Messed around with mounting the seat. It will be low. Not completely sure if I will use the mounting method I came up with (it works, but I have another idea that would give some adjustability).

I know it looks close but I sat on it and bounced around, and it never contacted the tire (with the second version, and I have some advice, get someone to look at it to see if it is moving, DON’T stick your finger between the tire and seat and jump around, or you will do more jumping than you planned. I’m just saying...)

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

Got distracted by my wife. She wanted me to teach the cat not to catch and eat birds. Teaching cats is not my forte, so when she left, I let the cat finish eating it and told my wife I didn’t think he would do it again (well, he wasn’t hungry anymore…). She’s happy, until next time. Forgot I was working on the rearview mirror and started looking at some cheep flashlights. Actually cut one up to see how it works.

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

Got me to thinking, I pulled out the battery pack and made an insulator out of cardboard for the backside of the battery pack.

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Remember this?

DSC00241.jpg

Well, it ran off of 3 AAA batteries and I wanted to see if it would work with 2, uh, little round batteries ( I know, the technical terms are killing you…). It did but I had to reverse the batteries in the pack, something to do with light emitting diodes, yadda, yadda…

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

Latest posts

Back