Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/22

A few more showing clearances. I think I can get a fender in there… maybe.

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

All for now. I noticed at least one guy is done and his bike looks great. I gotta get with it.

Thanks, Rg

OK, what is the aluminum lock ring?

Secondly, What comes next, I'm missing the functioning part of this.

Edit: My bad, I missed the part where you mentioned these would just be for looks, I skipped right to the cut and drilled Bendix arms and thought they were rockers.

Freddy Fender... he's related to me. Edit again: born Baldemar Garza Huerta, nope, not a real Fender.

I'm using the lock ring to position and supply tension for the spring on the strut, is that what you were asking?

If I have time I will probably redesign the rear to function (it would be easy, I have it all worked out), but given how notoriously slow I am it is safer to have a quick and dirty route available.

Rg

raggedjim said:
I'm using the lock ring to position and supply tension for the spring on the strut, is that what you were asking?

I know what it does and how it works and why you are using it, I'm asking what it is, like where did it come from, what was it's original intended use, etc...

[/quote]I know what it does and how it works and why you are using it, I'm asking what it is, like where did it come from, what was it's original intended use, etc...[/quote]

I found it in a local family owned hardware store. They are called shaft collars and are usually used to position shafts in a bearing or a gear on a shaft. I just got lucky to find these, I was looking for the acorn nuts and ran across them (I have a sixth sense, I see bicycle parts...) You can google shaft collars and find some.

Good luck, Rg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/23

dogdart said:
That is an awesome idea that I will definitely be using on a future build . Your bike is shaping up very well . Looking like a contender :D

Thanks, It was pretty basic and easy to build. Not sure about being a contender, I'm afraid this may be too "cabeish" for some people, but I'm here to have fun. We all win!

P.S. not trying to offend the Cabe guys, but you know what I mean...

Rg

WOW RJ!!!!
I go away on bitness and come back to see your springers. Love the work. You should really consider making them functional.
If you decided to go that route, I think you you make it more like Option 3, but with the upper attachments raised off of the frame a bit.
If you decide to keep them as the wicked faux springers that they are, you put them in the perfect place.
I love your design work on these. Really impressive!!!!!!

Thanks King, I'm leaving them this way until after the buildoff. What I have in mind would require too much fab work to the frame to be withing the rules.

Not much progress last night, but tried to get a little done. Finished up the other rear strut. Not sure if everything is symmetrical, but it’s close enough for me. Hmmm, I need to clean my work space.

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Nice....Did I see you bought some rear skirts in the buy/sell? They going on here?

Some mock-up pics. Trying to get it planned to the point I can get it stripped and painted. My son likes it the way it is, but I always want that extra chance to screw something up before I can call it done… looking for a headlight, back and forth on fenders… I'm using my shop camera for these pics so the bad stuff isn't that obvious. I may keep the paper clips... :mrgreen:

Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend and try to keep all the guys in mind who helped make freedom more than an idea. Keep on building, Rg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/24 Full mockup

the swimmers eagls looks cool uptop that fork.. nice touch... thisis coming together real nice... i love it!
keep it up RG ...

Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 5/24 Full mockup

I love that skit. :p

I like the full view of your build. Everything is coming together nicely!!!

Re: Junk Bros. Build 5-18

raggedjim said:
Tires I’m thinking of using. 26” x 2.35” from the “Lap o’Luxury” (Nel Lusso) Still undecided on these verses the b/w red rims…
DSC00249.jpg

Kickstand version 2.0...

Like kingfish said-"great minds think alike"----I have these wheels and tires in my basement!! Bought a brand new huffy just to get the wheels and tires LOL.
toyotawreck004.jpg

Re: Junk Bros. Build 5-18

Xcruiser said:
raggedjim said:
Tires I’m thinking of using. 26” x 2.35” from the “Lap o’Luxury” (Nel Lusso) Still undecided on these verses the b/w red rims…
DSC00249.jpg

Kickstand version 2.0...

Like kingfish said-"great minds think alike"----I have these wheels and tires in my basement!! Bought a brand new huffy just to get the wheels and tires LOL.
toyotawreck004.jpg

Great minds? Me? I got lucky and found a brand new lusso at a flea market, never ridden, still had tags. $55.00, I'd have paid it for the wheels alone. Got plans for the lusso...

Rg

Latest posts

Back