Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build

Peatbog said:
raggedjim said:
DSC00219.jpg

Don't listen to those who would harpoon Moby Richard (can't write the real word); that chainguard is really cool. Once everything is painted and that things adds "flow" to the bike, the rest of us will be jealous. Seriously, that chainguard is really cool.

Thanks, I appreciate the vote of confidence. If I can somehow channel some of your painting ability I do have a plan (don't want to give too much away, planning isn't usually a problem, it's execution where I struggle).

Thanks, Rg

Re: Junk Bros. Build 5-15

Seriously, I love the chainguard, I'd like to see some kind of channel in it, like a groove down the side of a car.

yoothgeye said:
Seriously, I love the chainguard, I'd like to see some kind of channel in it, like a groove down the side of a car.

I had thought of doing something like that but another thought kept crowding in... What model did Scwhinn never make that seems like they could have made? Well, they made the Motorbike, the Autocycle, the Aerocycle, the Cycleplane, the Cycle truck. Hmmm, cars, motorcycles, airplanes, trucks, what's missing? Where are the trains? A train-o-cycle? Nope, it has to be a Loco-cycle. I know! People have named bikes the loco cycle before, but I think they were crazy, I'm motivated like a locomotive. So, since the Streamline Aerocycle has one of the best graphics ever made (It's a fact, I just can't prove it) I stared at it for quite a while. Came up with this. It took a bit of effort to get all the thumbprints and bugs in there (to be sanded out and cleared at a latter date.)

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

The whale is still there, but he is camouflaged, thus safe from the harpooneers.

Used a cheep flashlight, a bezel from a switch and a red lense I had in a box of junk and built a tail light.

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

No, it's not held together with spit, it's Gorilla Glue, good stuff...

DSC00241.jpg

Not sure how I'll mount it, I don't think that far ahead. All for now.

Everyone's builds are looking great, Rg

Re: Junk Bros. Build 5-18

Great job, keeps the awesome lines, but with the focus on the train nobody will cry whale anymore.

A+ on that graphic! I've done a few headbadges with the old Zephyr Locomotive on them.....retro, real cool!

NewOrleansFlyer said:
A+ on that graphic! I've done a few headbadges with the old Zephyr Locomotive on them.....retro, real cool!

Yeah, the thread of yours below got me into doing badges. You do great work, I may pm you to talk about techniques...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56040&p=530829#p530829

Thanks, Rg

Great graphics!

Well bro that 40 years of rust is looking pretty cool if I had that petina paint would've never been applied

big kountry said:
Well bro that 40 years of rust is looking pretty cool if I had that petina paint would've never been applied

Yeah, I had it that way for quite a while. Going in a new direction now.

Good luck, Rg

big kountry said:
The green on the chain gaurd looks cool

Rustoleum from Wallyworld. It think "Fern Green", my mother -in-law had her lawn furniture painted that color and I kept thinking I should paint a bike that color.

Rg

Somehow I missed your faux springer and trusses. Nice work. Now lets see that rear one!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back