July 14, 2018 - Martha’s Vineyard Ride! 1st Annual?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone wanting to make it a weekend better hurry and book a room on the Cape.
I got the last one at Earl of Sandwich Motel. Just love that name. And still 40 mins from ferry at Woods Hole. Hey,where’s Greylock when we need him ?
...Stevil
3395E075-3ED4-4E40-BD97-CF6DEAB7589C.jpeg

Well this one is about 3 weeks away now. I’ve been trying to put together a rough list of place to hit and there seems to be a bit of everything.

There are at least two brewery’s there, more beaches than you can count (Edgertown’s “state beach” and Katama are two I definitely want to stop by, The flying horses are a must see, we can see some Jaws landmarks, and even Kennedy’s Car Wash if you’re in the mood.

My question for the group: do you want to see more scenic things, chill out on beaches, or spend time in the towns? I suspect a mix of all but I’m just trying to work out a rough plan for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see some scenic sites ,get some photo ops. Then check out town places , lunch and brews. Little interest in sitting on beaches. And of course some miles on bikes. My 2 cents...Stevil

I'm open to anything. Definitely Flying Horses! I love carousels :D Knowing you I'm sure whatever you put together will be fun.

Sometimes a first time ride in a new place can be a little disjointed (cough cough...Boston) but luckily the Vineyard is prime for bikers. They have bike paths and bike maps are online. I’m thinking we can take the ferry to Vineyard Haven and depart from Oak Bluffs on the way home. We can explore the eastern side of the island that day. I’m working on a rough outline now. Obviously nothing will be cast in stone and we can deviate depending on the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454DBB99-DC59-4D9F-8887-D7747BB6A1BC.jpeg
I understand this ride starts outta Vineyard Haven @ 9:00 am. Fantastic. Lead on...
Stevil

So are we doing this again next year?
Hopefully! ;)

Sorry I couldn't make the ride, but I'm super stoked that all of you had a great time riding together! AWESOMEST PEEPS - EVER!!!

77C1313E-B145-401C-A946-C88EBDF01850.jpeg
91B4D686-8435-4081-981A-764F3BCD1954.jpeg
The rock band Foghat had a hit song,
“ Slow Ride” and that describes our bike ride round Martha’s Vineyard. Some bikes
struggled with distances and short accents thru towns. But like the song ,we built up the fun to an epic finale! ...Stevil
AA462C62-D914-49C4-95FE-08B623A096BD.jpeg
4C368C4F-D903-4426-A758-8331A717DB85.jpeg
AA462C62-D914-49C4-95FE-08B623A096BD.jpeg

Latest posts

Back