Juggernaut Fat Tire Bike ............er Trike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if that heavy rake on the front end, (for a production bike anyway), would make it lean into the corners enough to counteract the instability, not to mention what it would be like riding across an incline. I suppose that with the front tires that close together though that it would be an easy matter to rock it up on two wheels and ride it like a bicycle if you needed to really lean. That would probably make for some strange steering behavior though.

I noticed that the video on their site only shows it being ridden on level ground. Yes, they pedal it up stairs, but only head on and they never show it leaning to either side or cornering.

The more I look into this, the more I suspect that it's kind of a specialty product being aimed at surfers. There are two videos of these things that I found,

and both of them show the bikes being used to carry surfboards with overhead racks. When you think about that, it makes sense. With a trike you can carry a surfboard without it falling over and the beaches these were probably intended for are largely flat. So if you're a rich surfer, this might be just the thing to transport your board to a remote location.

Look at how the handlebars would work. That thing will be like steering a tiller style steering. One hand having to go farther forward than normal and the other having to go father back than normal.

It's the same kind of steering found on most tadpole trikes. A little different, but not a real problem. You can still make sharp turns without any awkwardness.

Latest posts

Back