RRBBO13 Juggernaut (delayed...)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi !

Here is the basis for my first Buid Off... An old frame started some years ago, but never finished !
Now it's time to conclude this story :cool2:

(Click for full screen)

Beside that, I grabbed an incomplete JC Higgins fork (not sure but I think so?... :39:).
Mixed with an old sissy-bar... Think it should do the trick :grin:

(Click for full screen)

It only remains for me to collect missing parts and assemble all that...

And for the name of this project... Well, sheet metal plates, exposed welds, sharp curves, wide rear bases,... It gives an "armored" style that makes me think to a "Mad Max" machine :showingbiceps:
In Hindu mythology, the Juggernaut is a tank that nothing stops and crushes everything in its path... Hope the result should be enough "fat" to honor this name :D

Stay tuned ;)

Welcome to RRB and the build off fun. Cool frame. Love that fork idea.

I also like what you're doing with the fork. I have the same fork at home (complete) in case you need some pictures or measurements. Just make sure the sissy bar is strong since that is a structural piece, especially if you run a tall enough tire to bottom out if it collapses.

Wow! It's living up to it's name already!

I'm thinking some really fat rims and tires on this bad boy.
RaT oN ~!

Yep, wide rims and fat tires are planned... But I need to verify the clearance of the fork before validating the width :wink1:

I also like what you're doing with the fork. I have the same fork at home (complete) in case you need some pictures or measurements. Just make sure the sissy bar is strong since that is a structural piece, especially if you run a tall enough tire to bottom out if it collapses.
Great ! I'm interested in a pic of the complete fork if you have time :nod:
But I think the assy that I expected is reversed compared to original one :39:

And yes, I'll strengthen the sissy to be sure it doesn't bend !!!

That thing's a beast :43:

Im also running mine reverse.

6b43eaffdc231232824f12934e443bb8.jpg

ae68b7d0cc719c78d151e5e8166f2dba.jpg

1955731678b8d9dbb88ee6a85c879994.jpg

Sorry for weird angles, it’s hanging up right now.

fc4957b2819c8245bab783db6d71777e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for these pics :113:
Don't worry for the hanging up, I've the same storage in my garage :grin:

So it's ok, I didn't make mistake when reinstalling bases.
And I thought it was the same system as other forks (like Columbia, other JC Higgins or Hawthorne) but maybe it's not a reversed fork?...

And I thought it was the same system as other forks (like Columbia, other JC Higgins or Hawthorne) but maybe it's not a reversed fork?...

These came on Murray built bikes, but Murray built bikes came with lots of names.

The front truss suspension rods are supposed to cross over the fork backwards to form an X and the rockers would be on the opposite sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back