JET SCREAMER!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
currently have more than one home improvement projects going on. Couple that with the fact that my wife is working mega-overtime right now it would be impractical, irresponsible and immature for me to even think about a bicycle project at this time....So anyways, here is the frame that I'll be using. This is the donor bike as I bought it. Its a Royce Union.
P1010513.jpg

I dewheeled it some time ago and just retreived the frame from the shed. When I saw the theme of the build I thought this frame would work nicely. I'll finish stripping it tonight and bring it to a sand blaster. I'm thinking a metal flake green 5 speed with apes and a white glittery banana seat.
P1011143.jpg

P1011146.jpg

Hopefully it will go better than my klunker build bike. Spoke and paint issues derailed me.
POP QUIZ TIME: Can anyone ID the fictitious cartoon pop star that sang the song the bike is named after? The winner can select any prize from the imaginary prize bin.

Re: Eep-opp-ork-ah-ah!

Excellent. Just out of curiousity, what prize did you select?

Ironically enough...my daughter and I watched that episode of the Jetsons yesterday. :shock:

Cool frame. There is no such thing as spending time irresponsibly when it comes to bikes. "Honey will you take the garbage out?" (Sure that gives me at least 10-15 minutes in the garage with and excuse)

I currently have more than one home improvement projects going on. Couple that with the fact that my wife is working mega-overtime right now it would be impractical, irresponsible and immature for me to even think about a bicycle project at this time....So anyways, here is the frame that I'll be using.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dido on the statement.... I laughed out loud.... Nicely said...

ej599 said:

Wow! It is so hard to chose a prize from an imaginary prize bin as the possibilities are unlimited. But after much careful thought and since this is a space themed build off, I will take the star trek replicator. I can't wait to get it so I can start replicating imaginary bike parts.

I finished stripping it yesterday. Bad bearings in both the crank (which has a bent arm on the chainring side) and fork. I have some from a Raleigh Colt that I hope will fit.

ej599 said:
POP QUIZ TIME: Can anyone ID the fictitious cartoon pop star that sang the song the bike is named after? The winner can select any prize from the imaginary prize bin.

My first thought was the noises from "Nobody's Real" by PM5K :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8bo_xJbLs

ej599 said:

That would be Jet Screamer. :D

jet_screamer_jetsons.gif

Rat Rod said:
ej599 said:

That would be Jet Screamer. :D

jet_screamer_jetsons.gif
That is my all time favorite Jetsons episode , we have it on VHS. That and the one where Astro's Ist owner shows up and Astro finds out his real name is Tralfaz! I can remember meaningless stuff like this but ask me what I had for lunch yesterday. What prize did you select?

Flame Jigger said:
ej599 said:

Wow! It is so hard to chose a prize from an imaginary prize bin as the possibilities are unlimited. But after much careful thought and since this is a space themed build off, I will take the star trek replicator. I can't wait to get it so I can start replicating imaginary bike parts.
Star trek replicator? sounds interesting. What would happen if I put a picture of Selma Hayek in there? 8)

ej599 said:
Flame Jigger said:
ej599 said:

Star trek replicator? sounds interesting. What would happen if I put a picture of Selma Hayek in there? 8)
You'd get a replicated picture of Salma Hayek. :wink:

You'd get a replicated picture of Salma Hayek. :wink:[/quote]
:? oh...never mind... :(
I also have a cover of the song 'Eep-opp-ork-ah-ah' by "The Violent Femmes' on a cd called 'Saturday Morning-cartoons greatest hits' . It also has 'The Ramones' doing 'Spiderman', 'The Reverend Horton Heat' covering the 'Jonny Quest' theme and 'The Butthole Surfers' doing 'Underdog'. and many more... Isn't it amazing the way I can stay totally focused on discussing the project bike and not veer of coarse. It's a gift. :p

I stripped the paint myself. Industrial strength 'Zip Strip'. Good stuff. I plan on running a white glitter banana seat Kicked back with one of my world renowned 'Zeat Posts'. :roll:
Like this one.

P1010537.jpg

* The sissy bar will parallel with the seat tube. I changed my mind on the color, I'll be using 'Cosmic Copper' and 'Light Year White'. It'll roll on 26x1-3/8 tires. I think a space bike would have thin wheels.
P1011202.jpg

Latest posts

Back