Jenna Saykwa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is. Starting with a Chinese Firmstrong The Chief cruiser and stretched out bolting a rear triangle from a full suspension mountain bike to extend the frame for extra cargo capacity. The bike was photographed as is without any special make-up. What you see is actual seat height and 500 km of accumulated dirt from the road.

This is my all around perfect bike.

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

bighit said:
This is the most ridden bike in the whole build off. What have you been done for like two months and 500 miles?
I'm a guy with too many hobbies. I also took the time to take my wife out on a real vacation. Got the camping bug while on that trip so I'm building a trailer for next Summer now. :)

Outstanding! Have a bunch-o-parts handy. I get the feeling you're gonna "wear" this one out.

You did a fantastic job on this Ratility Bike. Very practical. I love this style of bike. Sorry to hear you picked up another hobby.When you find the time in late September, go camping on Old Cape Cod. The weather is great here and the big crowds are gone. Plenty of bike trials. Go on a whale watch.
GL

This was always my early fav.
Put me in my place and made me realize what fantastic talent we have on this board.
it spoke to me!!!!
Something to the effect of........ BRING YOUR A-GAME, IT'S ON!!!!!!

8) 8) 8)

This beauty exemplifys the heart & soul of the Rat Rod genre. Incredible job and a vote well earned.

So many beauties to choose from in this build off; like trying to pick your favorite child, virtually impossible.

At first when you started the build I thought just another stretch! And then I just looked at your finished work of art. Dude, this thing rocks!!!

really well thought out bike that is as cool as it is practical! :mrgreen: great job gerry,love the pinstriping too! :D

nice build good job

oh yeah! this one does have a certain Jenna Saykwa! so cool to see some cargo bikes showing up in the build-off.

any photos of how you married that rear triangle to the frame? i've got the pieces for just such a project, but with the idea of an engine behind the crank in the stretched area somehow.

cashman said:
Outstanding job on this one Gerry! It got one of my votes! I like the rear section of the frame. Thanks!!!
Thanks Bro, I really appreciate it. :)

UncleKudzu, here it is just for you:

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

The green section is a road bike down tube with the head tube half sliced. It is bolted in place of the shock in the mtb part and held with brackets on the seat tube of the cruiser frame.

xddorox said:
UncleKudzu, here it is just for you:

Gerry, you rock! thanks so much!

yeah, i've got all those parts and was trying to decide how to put it all together. i think i could drop my little engine in the original rear triangle as long as the pedals would clear it. but forgetting about an engine for a sec, your way looks like the cleanest, smartest route to a long-tail/cargo type build.

thanks again, man!

Latest posts

Back