Jenna Saykwa Longbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flat Top Cruiser

Thanks for the kind words Caballero. Here's more from the build. The chain guide tubes were covered in white hockey tape to simulate cotton exhaust tape. They come off too bright, as you can see, and I will have to dirty it up a bit.

IMG_0862.jpg

Here's how it stands right now. My attention now goes to the rear rack.

IMG_0860.jpg

Hot .... thats pretty! now you forced me to build one, and I have no space!

Here's a pic of the pattern I made this evening to letter the top shelf of my rear rack. For those who've never seen this before, I'll document step by step in image how I do the lettering.

IMG_0864.jpg

I'm far from done. Here's my build check list to give you an idea:
- Complete rear rack with utility attachments
- Make cool looking paniers 4X
- Make a front mud flap
- Make front headlight set-up
- Install horn
- Install switch for horn
- Figure out wiring for horn
- Install suicide shifter on tank plate
- Install electrical system to power everything on tank plate
- Finish tank plate
- Figure out rear and brake light
- Pinstriping
- Work out the Gremlins out of it.
- Ride :mrgreen:

Rainy weather out here kept things indoors. I took care of the lettering on the top deck of my rear rack. With a deck that big it would be dumb not to use it to advertise my website.

First off I print my design with an outline. Then I punch holes all along the outline with a pin and sand the back to open up the holes. Next I align the design and tape it to the deck. I then take a rag smeared with blue chalk and pounce the design real good.

IMG_0866.jpg

Here's what it looks like after you remove the paper. A nice set of blue dots to guide your brush.

IMG_0867.jpg

Paint along the lines.

IMG_0868.jpg

Paint some accent lines and you're done. It's not perfect but I am a bit rusty and it looks a whole lot better than those boring white block letters I had before.

IMG_0873.jpg

Nice rack! lol just to let you know I started my longtail utility bike, since I really need one anyway, My choice bike as a base is a 1972 Raleigh sports. it's in mint condition but I wont hurt it to much!
On another note your bike is looking very snazzy!

Gerry,
You could give that white tape a tea-stain or even give it a used motor oil rub down to get the look you're going after. If you use tea, you could clear coat it to prevent getting a funk build-up on it.
Love the build so far.
Keep it up!

Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Gerry,
You could give that white tape a tea-stain or even give it a used motor oil rub down to get the look you're going after. If you use tea, you could clear coat it to prevent getting a funk build-up on it.
Love the build so far.
Keep it up!

Dr. T
Thanks Bro. I tried the tea thing already and it's not conclusive at all. It barely stained the tape. My next attempt will be with wood stain. Keep posted. :)

Latest posts

Back