JC Higgins women's inquiry

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a woman's original paint and tank, skip tooth Jc higgins looking for date and value of it please!
MOS-Q
MOD 502 274

Attachments

• IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3584.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 165
Nice bike!

The "Q" should signify the year, going by the Murray serial numbers, but the list I've seen made up doesn't show an "O" pr a "Q" used in the numbers. But, of course, your bike shows that "Q" was used. "P" is supposed to be 1958, and "R" should be 1959, skipping "Q".

So maybe it's late 58 or early 59. It's all guesswork, as new info is found out on a regular basis, and what was thought to be solid info sometimes has to be rethought.

Without the serial number, I would guess the bike to be mid 50's.

Really nice bike but woman's bikes are a hard sell lot of the time guys with buy these and part them out, or strip them to fix a mens model.
As for value $200-$285 because of the skirt guards, at least thats what it would be worth in Idaho. There is one of these for sale locally in Idaho thats been at $350 for at least 3 mouths.

Colorflow model, about as collectible as a step-through of the period gets. Hard to tell condition from the dark pics, but it looks complete and undamaged, probably 2 or 3 hundred USD.

I don't think one can trust that list that Wildcat quoted. CABE members seem to have some agreement that MOS-Q = 1951. That would fit better for a JCH Colorflow. Most came equipped with a beehive springer--yours doesn't, so maybe a little less value.

Latest posts

Back