JC Higgins Flightliner Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I had a flame banana seat on it last night with a sissy bar...then I looked at it this morning and said nah, I found a better stem to give me some breathing room while riding. I kept the same set up and added a better brake lever and a Pletscher rack instead of the stock one. Holy heck, I nailed it!
I hope to have some pics up in a couple hours. it looks even better than the last pics....happy! :D

mastronaut said:
Oh man, I had a flame banana seat on it last night with a sissy bar...then I looked at it this morning and said nah, I found a better stem to give me some breathing room while riding. I kept the same set up and added a better brake lever and a Pletscher rack instead of the stock one. Holy heck, I nailed it!
I hope to have some pics up in a couple hours. it looks even better than the last pics....happy! :D

Would you consider selling me the stock rack? :D

BoLiles said:
mastronaut said:

PM sent....

mastronaut said:
BoLiles said:
mastronaut said:

PM sent....

Yes, and the original rear fender which will clean up like the front one!

Fliner5.jpg

I addressed the headlight issue with some black mesh from a very unlikely source, a metal pencil holder at Walmart. Re-did the brake and handlebar situation by adding a new handbrake lever and a taller stem. Here are some updated pics. Unfortunately following the shoot I tried to take it for a spin and the chain got stuck and pulled the derailleur into the spokes! Come to find out, the third gear sprocket had some bent teeth. So it's off to the LBS to put a new cluster on it.
Thankfully the derailleur took the beating and not the wheel. Don'tcha just love when these things happen? :x

Frightline20.jpg

Frightliner18a.jpg

Frightliner23.jpg

Frightliner22.jpg

deorman said:
That 1/8x1/2 chain on there? How's it work with the multi+derrailleur?
I was afraid of something like that. You'll probably have to steal the sprok+chain from skinnyland (or mtb) to keep it working.

deorman said:
deorman said:
That 1/8x1/2 chain on there? How's it work with the multi+derrailleur?
I was afraid of something like that. You'll probably have to steal the sprok+chain from skinnyland (or mtb) to keep it working.

I saw the same chain (Walmart restocked finally) so I'll fix that, but the cluster was f-ed to begin with so the chain is an after thought.
I have a spare cluster and maybe I'll put a Schwinn pie plate on it this time hahah! I think I'll take the tank off and paint it in the mean time.
Thanks for your input.... :oops:

I love those forks......Such a trick style for the days.........Gorgoues lines.......Nice work......RAD ride.....

Latest posts

Back