Jamis Earth Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just wanted to get some info on these bikes; I wasn't around when the early models were being released, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on them online.

However ... whenever these bikes do pop up they always seem to command a (relatively) high price (around $200). I'm just curious what it is that makes these bikes special; some thread I came across on BMXmuseum suggests that early models may have had cro-mo frames? I have an opportunity to buy a '79 Earth Cruiser and I'm curious to know more about it. It kinda just looks like a normal cantilever frame with a BMX fork on it to me :D. Thanks :).

Sorry I'm of no help, but I'm curious as well. Bought one a couple years ago just because it was a good price, in good shape, and I wanted something to ride around on beachside. Now that it's been beat by Florida rain for months, I'm interested in learning more about them, as I'd like to restore it.

Value and 4130-ness will be more easily determined by the headbadge. Get the bike, either way. They're infinitely rad.

Not concerned about value so much as general info on what I own (build year/location, etc.) Any ideas?
Z9y1q5b.jpg

rqNHkTS.jpg

Anytime. Really cool bike. I have a Jamis Boss Cruiser of a similar vintage....

If it had an "East Coast" headbadge, it'd be a '79 and likely made of chromoly. Yours is post 1980; probably '81 to '85 or whatever.

Very cool. This thing was beautiful when I bought it, and now it's a work in progress. Kind of a bummer, but it should be fun. At least gives me a reason to learn a bit about what I bought.
Great bike!

Luke.

Looks like I got some misinformation; the bike is probably a later model after all. I'm still interested to see what information I can get out of these pictures, though:

20160121_112339.jpg
00u0u_63WybKDJurp_600x450.jpg

15338197-B82C-436B-927B-631C222C21CD.jpg
Wow! Almost a twin to this complete Hopper.(not mine).
Good luck on your purchase mornview. Looks like a great bike in good condition.

Latest posts

Back