Jackz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dez

Reaction score
I am new to this board. I have been around bikes (my dads) for many years. My dad has a bike he is building for this buildoff (Massey Boardtracker)and asked me if I wanted to build one. I said I would. He gave me a bike and with some advice from him I will try and build it myself. It will be based around "Jack" from The Nightmare Before Christmas movie character. Here is the bike. I told my dad I will have a cooler bike than his.
BikeParts451.jpg

cool bike!

Nice bike!Where's your intro? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Watch out for Kev!..............................................................................................EM

ppshhhhhchh...(walkie talkie sound)

"Kev, we need back up! i repeat, need back up..."

ppshhhhhchh...(walkie talkie sound)

oct.

Hey Dez,

Welcome to the site and umm, you'll have to pardon my friends, the paint fumes seem to be effecting them lately...LOL!!!

That is one cool bike you have there, you're Dad told us you were coming.

Thanks for joining in on the fun!

The bike is now down to the frame and fork. The fork is toast. Looks like it had some water in it and froze. Now to get another fork. The frame is lugged and has some weird cups for the headtube. They are part of the frame. Maybe British made.Should be able to strip it this weekend.
BikeParts459.jpg

BikeParts458.jpg

Dez said:
The bike is now down to the frame and fork. The fork is toast. Looks like it had some water in it and froze. Now to get another fork. The frame is lugged and has some weird cups for the headtube. They are part of the frame. Maybe British made.Should be able to strip it this weekend.

you could cut out the bad section and graft in a replacement and then you could use the original forks.......

use a pipe cutter, like the ones for cutting copper pipes, they work great.

Doug

I did some work on the frame and had it stripped of most of the paint and rust. Here it is mocked up with a fork my dad bought for another project. I hope I can keep it. I may use these wheels if they clean up good. I found the crank in the parts bin. Should be painted this weekend.
BikeParts460.jpg

I cut the spokes on the original wheels. Here is the rims. They are in need of a lot of help. Chrome is peeling on most of the rims. I spent many hours and they still look like junk. Maybe new rims would be better. Well back to work.
BikeParts462.jpg

Latest posts

Back