Jacked Up Pilot, few new pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jacked Up Pilot, Done!

Love this bike!!!
I know what you mean. I basically finished mine today and took it out for photos. It's so cool living in a tourist city. I got plenty of positive re-enforment, but what was cooler was actually RIDING a wicked cool bike around town.

WAY TO GO BRUDDERMAN!!!

Re: Jacked Up Pilot, Done!

I even had a two different homeless guys ask me if the flask had any whisky in it!

kingfish254 said:
I even had a two different homeless guys ask me if the flask had any whisky in it!
That's quite the comment... It's funny how you said you liked my flat profile seat and went in that direction
I saw your painted springs (almost went with silver springs and copper seat but nah..) and went in that direction
Needed something a little more colorful to balance the copper truss rods

ratina said:
Awesome! I never would have thought to put a fat tire on one of those rims. I need to stop looking at your builds, makes me want to spend money!
Thanks Ratina. It was nice when I found them in 26" to give me freedom to chose the tires I wanted
Yeah, I feel like I spent some money :roll: to get it done but no more than a normal build for me
The rims and nexus hub were the most expensive.
Lots of cheap used parts: Front hub $1, Stem $2, new front tire $20, Sugino crank $10, shifter $2...
Most of my spent money went on building the alimunim bits but once I had it finalized, it could be built from scrap
The gun bluing and clear coat was pretty cheap too :D

herr_rudolf said:
Perfect!
Now THIS is a hotrod. My kind of bike.
Got one of my three votes.
Cheers!
Thanks a lot Herr_Rudolf! I know last year we were dueling with wide rear 700 tires, you won that time :lol:
Its' much more of a hot rod than the Spaceliner but I think I can still crank faster/harder on the Spaceliner
I'm pretty happy with the way JUP turned out. It's very different in than the Spaceliner in a lot of ways

Now I can post some more pics :roll: :lol:
JUP in a more natural pose
6Aug12177II.jpg

Inside Calhoun Cycle with the recumbents
6Aug12186II.jpg

Outside the Hub Bike Co-op
6Aug12193II.jpg

Really Jacked up, well okay, downhill :lol:
6Aug12183II.jpg

Above the Mighty Mississippi
6Aug12146II.jpg

Thanks for looking