Jacked Up Pilot, few new pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: no name yet, Fatter is better

I APPROVE! :shock: That tire is cool! :mrgreen: A little jealous... :oops:

Re: no name yet, Fatter is better

Hey Thanks guys! I'm not getting much done but what I can do seems to be liked :D
Nick: Glad you approve and are bit jealous :lol:
Peatbog: I was in that conundrum a while back but was hoping the CWC would be the Buildoff bike and the Typhoon would be next with the options
Mr Kool: Thanks a lot! hope I don't disappoint
Tin Machine: Thanks Bud
Green P1: Like what your doing with your build, glad the 'Liner inspired
N8NBox: Thanks a lot

So speaking of white tires, I have two 26x2.125 left over but they're slated for another build
But I was originally thinking of Big and Little Whitewalls and white rims
Thought Thick brick but couldn't find any thin 26" (559mm) slicks less than 1.75'
So I had a Jerald whitewall that I was thinking originally, in stock
and ordered a Slicky G along with the Boa G
Mounted (kinda) them up just to see...

IMG_5889II.jpg

No way the 24" fork would work
Pretty sure I like the black tire combo better so stay tuned for the eventual next build :D

IMG_5887II.jpg

Thanks for looking
Steve

Re: no name yet, CWC in transit

Thanks Imagearchy. I’ll try not to disappoint. Your builds are so inventive and well executed. I’m no where near that level but happy that you like it so far

Thanks Randy: You are so right about the whitewalls. They were an early option I had thought about but forgot about cleaning and fading. I’m super lazy about cleaning once a bike it built so I’m glad you pointed that out. I’m still going to have to clean the rims but maybe they can become “ratty” over time :lol:

XCruiser: No Frame yet, this week. I'm living vicariuosly through your frame :lol:

One note about money investment into this bike. I saw some comments in the discussion section. Everybody had valid points. Personally, this build is typical for me for cost. I’m building this for me and showing people how I’m doing it, not shooting for a prize or post build sale. (I did get an inquiry on the Spaceliner but no way)

I’ve built about 5 bikes which I bought the frame/bike for ~$50 then put new tubes/tires on and just went through the bearings. I love these bikes. I have a more expensive Road bike, MTB and SS. This build off bike is in the same range as last year’s build, Mag Ray, and the Eliminators.

I also really like the guys that are putting together cool budget bikes using an incredible amount of ingenuity.

One of the best comments was Youthgeye’s
yoothgeye said:
Spend money on what you want, it's your ride, nobody will get kicked out for spending their own money. It's all up for interpretation and the votes will prove it, because I promise... PROMISE, the winner won't get all the votes. :wink:

Paraphrased: “Let your vote speak”. Enough said, onward…

Well supposedly FedEx will deliver the CWC this Thursday.
It was incredible that the guy emailed my wife and said that he finally got a box from the local bike shop but when he brought it to the post office they wanted ~$40 more than he had charged me. My wife says it almost sounded like he wanted more money. She’s really tough when it comes to these things so basically made him sweat it out. He then brought it to FedEx and we’ve been tracking it since last 10May (13 days after purchase). He said he would make it right and send “other bike goodies”. I’m glad he’s trying to make an effort to compensate but I’d rather just have good service to begin with. :roll:

I’ve been waiting to name this build because I have reservations about this frame.
Now that we’ve had these dealings with the seller, they have increased a lot.
Here are some of the pictures that were posted with the ebay ad
CWCHeadTube.jpg

CWCbars.jpg

CWCtruss.jpg

CWCseat.jpg

CWCfender.jpg

CWCdropout.jpg

Hopefully I can salvage the frame and the truss rods at a minimum. If the frame looks rough when stripped, I’m going to have to decide whether to repair it to look good without paint, paint it, or use the Typhoon. I’ll find out this week.

Thanks for looking
Steve

Thanks Char! :D

Well the CWC Pilot came today. It was already taken apart so I threw some parts at it to see
You were right Skipton, Boa-G fit in with out any mods :D
IMG_6166III.jpg

IMG_6167III.jpg

Thinking I might want to call it "Jacked Up" or "Jacked Up Pilot" because of the stance
It's no longer a straight bar :lol:
In the picture, the front tire is a sitting a little higher than the back
so it will be even more raked forward when level

I'm back in the race! Plan to get the paint off tomorrow
Then play a little more with the practice frame and the gun bluing
3 speed came today so I can start calculating spoke length

Will use a different seat. Stem will be set down farther
The CWC cranks are bent and hit the frame but it doesn't matter
Cool chainring but no skiptooth for this build
Truss rods should work with a little help
Planning on adding more details but not sure what yet
Need to get the basics done first

Thanks for looking
Steve

Re: no name yet, CWC w/ big and littles, name input needed

Very cool,kinda similar to my build...I'm jealous of that BOA-G tire....

I see Bush Pilot in your future.

What frame is your original frame? A schwinn tiger, corvette? I am not sure if you mentioned it earlyer?
IMG_5829II.jpg

Keep buildin! I wish i hadn't sold 52 phantom! I love those cantlevers but i never seem to hold on to them. I wish i hadn't sold my shelby motorbike ether. Your build reminds me of it! Oh memories!

MplsCoaster said:
You were right Skipton, Boa-G fit in with out any mods :D
IMG_6166III.jpg

With room to spare :wink:

Wow does that look COOL!

I like "Jacked Up Pilot"
But what about "TROUBLE" because that's what we're all in. :roll: :wink:

Love this setup!! In fact its exactly what I had envisioned for mine!! :? HaHa, well at least now I can see how I want mine to look!! :lol:

Looks great Steve! :mrgreen: Love that tire...looks bigger than me!! :shock: :mrgreen: :shock:

Love the tire combo and that frame is tops. Personally im trying to do my build for max $20 but if I had the money to drop into a bike I certainly would....maybe once I graduate and get my student loans paid off, but for now, budget builds!

Latest posts

Back