BO15 Jack Knife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm fashionably late to this party as always but hopefully I'll finish one this year. Some of you may wonder if I ever finished Volo, sadly no, its been collecting dust ever since the build off ended last year but I will finish it I promise (I'm putting in a vote now for the unfinished build off bike build off winter 2020/21). But for this year I'm reviving my 2018 build off that went absolutely no where. Its been completely redesigned and renamed (was "Lowballer") about the only thing that's the same is cardboard its drawn on. Its still FWD with cable actuated rear wheel steering, but now it has a double head tube for a chain drive geared down front wheel steering as well. This is an experimental concept and I plan to scrounge everything I need to build it in true rat fashion. I can't wait to ride this thing and see if it works. It could be an epic fail but there's only one way to know for sure.
20200526_234509.jpg

Welcome back! Please finish this one! The world needs another BW build!
90th BO15 entry by the way.

bikewhorder back in action! Looks like you're using some real 'forward' thinking on this one! :wondering: ;):bigsmile:

RaT oN~!

Ok finally some visible progress. I always seem to start these builds with the head tube and this one is no exception, except it has two head tubes. I needed a longer 1 1/8 head tube so I'm going to cut one in half and weld it to the top and bottom of the skinnier one like a lugged frame. I'm determined to scrounge every piece of this bike. It feels good to be building with steel again!
20200607_154629.jpg
20200607_175738.jpg
20200607_143550.jpg

STEEL IS REAL!
Looking forward to the progress. Interested in how you do the FWD. I’ve seen some recumbents with them, but they weren’t rear steer, so, that has my attention, too.

Well six weeks and I haven't even had time to think about working on this. I went into the workshop tonight to get something and discovered Shaggy let me know what he thinks about my progress. Realistically this isn't going to happen again this year. I'm so jealous of you guys that have time to work on your builds. This is all I want to do but the "have to" list just won't allow it. Its beyond frustrating.
20200720_200017.jpg

Sorry you won't be able to get this one going man!!! Make sure to get all of the "have to's" done before BO16 though!!!

Latest posts

Back