It's parked! '71 Kool Krusty Manty Ray FINISHED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: It's parked! '71 Kool Krusty Manty Ray

What is the serial # on yours? I'm just curious to see how close they are on production dates

Here's the status of the Manta. It's 100% torn down and everything has been cleaned and polished. Replacement crank and sissy bar courtesy of QueasyRider. Wheel hoops just came in today from a member over on the Cabe. Frame paint is a solid 10 footer with some old, obviously Schwinn mix touchup paint. So this bike was obviously cared for at one point before it fell into disrepair.

GTComa, the serial is CG080632; March of '71.

DSCF3621.jpg

DSCF3620.jpg

DSCF3622.jpg

You have me beat in the paint department. My paint job is a solid 40 footer.
Mine was made in December of 71

Jpromo said:
Here's the status of the Manta. It's 100% torn down and everything has been cleaned and polished. Replacement crank and sissy bar courtesy of QueasyRider. Wheel hoops just came in today from a member over on the Cabe. Frame paint is a solid 10 footer with some old, obviously Schwinn mix touchup paint. So this bike was obviously cared for at one point before it fell into disrepair.

GTComa, the serial is CG080632; March of '71.

DSCF3621.jpg

DSCF3620.jpg

DSCF3622.jpg
Looking Good! I can't wait to see the finished product. I think I would feel happy to display that original paint bike! They are only original once!

Well a few weeks and some era correct chrome pieces later, I have a wonderful riding Manta Ray that looks decent to boot!

Many thanks to QueasyRider for helping me acquire several parts to replace the more dissipated chrome pieces, a member over on the cabe gave me a good price on a few front wheels for donor S-5 hoops, and a stroke of luck got me some nice, correct handlebars from a pick down the street and a fiver.

Without further ado:

Before:
DSCF3615.jpg

After:
DSCF3663.jpg

DSCF3664.jpg

DSCF3665.jpg

Kool Orange with my Bright Mango '95 Jeep
DSCF3666.jpg

Jpromo said:
Pappy said:
Very cool...I like the 24" muscle...I've got two Spyders (factory muscle).'53 Schwinn 24" DX (rat muscle) & a'62 Schwinn 24" Skipper (resto mod muscle)...but its hard to beat that Manta Ray "FatBoy" seat
Very Kool bike indeed...well done...P 8)

Ha, thanks, I love them too even though my 6 foot self fits a Krate quite comfortably. Those Skipper frames are really cool; do you have a picture?
My dad has a 5-speed Spyder as well that we're working on cramming a Sulky slick into. I got it to where it spins perfect.. without air.

I'm going to wait to post pics of my Skipper as it's still in progress...sorry! It will be sporting a sulky slick as does my '53 DX...I love those tires!GREAT job on the Manta Ray...those bikes are so KOOL! Are you going to recover the seat ? I think Pete sells the kit at Hyperformance....
P 8)

Latest posts

Back