It's parked! '71 Kool Krusty Manty Ray FINISHED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Emailed on this 6 minutes after it was posted. There was a little bump in the road when the seller called me when I was just about there and said he had several offers higher than his posted price but I showed up and ended up getting it for a price that was higher than the posting but lower than the offers. A little miffed but I still got a deal (despite its crustiness).

It'll do. Some chrome parts won't come back (eh hem handlebars). But the frame and the paint is very nice. Untouched. Original fastback slick in good condition. Without further ado:

DSCF3615.jpg

DSCF3616.jpg

DSCF3617.jpg

Re: Holding my breath on a craigslist find right now.

I don't say anything until its parked in my garage :mrgreen: .. It just puts blood in the water for the Parinnas .It can make this :D = :cry: . Locals that may look on your CL & grab your potnetal find .. But thats just me :D PS Good Luck I hope you get your bike... :D

Re: Holding my breath on a craigslist find right now.

tanksalot said:
I don't say anything until its parked in my garage :mrgreen: .. It just puts blood in the water for the Parinnas .It can make this :D = :cry: . Locals that may look on your CL & grab your potnetal find .. But thats just me :D PS Good Luck I hope you get your bike... :D

Ha, normally I would never either but I knew it had already been seen by everybody who needed to see it. I was also just sitting and waiting nervously for the seller to email pictures because there were none and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a new "Manta Ray". Nothing better to do but post :lol: These are the ones that always slip away but not this time.

The fellow had just bought a foreclosed home and this was in one of the back sheds. Had no interest in it. Mounted it up on the Jeep and that was all she wrote.

Re: It's parked! '71 Kool Krusty Manty Ray

NICE! I'd have kept my mouth shut and flag the add down after e-mailing.

Score! :p That paint is nice :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Score! :p That paint is nice :mrgreen:

It should clean up excellent. Also, what looks to be chipped paint on the chainstay is actually old grease from the chain and it's nice underneath. I'm excited; get some rider quality rim hoops, stem and bars and everything else should clean up decent.

outskirtscustoms said:
NICE! I'd have kept my mouth shut and flag the add down after e-mailing.

Ha, flag it. I like that. It's nice and devious :p

Kuddo's to ya

I just picked up 2 spaceliners and was same as you were, BUT now I need to ship m from Oregon home.

Black Crown Tattoo said:
Cool tease...sucks everyone called and made u pay more but at least u got it
That is why I flag it.

Very cool...I like the 24" muscle...I've got two Spyders (factory muscle).'53 Schwinn 24" DX (rat muscle) & a'62 Schwinn 24" Skipper (resto mod muscle)...but its hard to beat that Manta Ray "FatBoy" seat
Very Kool bike indeed...well done...P 8)

he should have sold it to you at the price he was asking when you talked to him and agreed to come over for it, and you left home.

He should not have raised the price on you while you were traveling, no matter what offer he gets.

If you turned it down, he could ask any price he wants from the next guy.

I would never do that to a buyer!

This belongs in the CL Jerks thread IMHO.

Pappy said:
Very cool...I like the 24" muscle...I've got two Spyders (factory muscle).'53 Schwinn 24" DX (rat muscle) & a'62 Schwinn 24" Skipper (resto mod muscle)...but its hard to beat that Manta Ray "FatBoy" seat
Very Kool bike indeed...well done...P 8)

Ha, thanks, I love them too even though my 6 foot self fits a Krate quite comfortably. Those Skipper frames are really cool; do you have a picture?
My dad has a 5-speed Spyder as well that we're working on cramming a Sulky slick into. I got it to where it spins perfect.. without air.

jerrykr said:
he should have sold it to you at the price he was asking when you talked to him and agreed to come over for it, and you left home.

He should not have raised the price on you while you were traveling, no matter what offer he gets.

Absolutely agree.

Had that happen to me, called a seller, made arrangments, and drove 35-40 miles and when I pull in another guy is loading them up .... grrr....

:(

jerrykr said:

I agree too. I once sold the hard top to my Miata. Advertised it for $450 (mint condition) and after I made arrangements for the guy to come get it, 3 other people called, offering twice the price. I stuck with the $450, and apparently gave him a great deal. My loss.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
jerrykr said:

I agree too. I once sold the hard top to my Miata. Advertised it for $450 (mint condition) and after I made arrangements for the guy to come get it, 3 other people called, offering twice the price. I stuck with the $450, and apparently gave him a great deal. My loss.

I agree, I might become less negotiable and tell them I will not haggle on the price but it won't go up till they leave without it. If they are on the way to pick it up to me that means the deal has been made, too late to change your mind.

Yeah :| I would never do that either but I didn't end up paying much more than the original price. I still got a screaming deal for it so I didn't make too much of a stink. Oh well.. if anybody has any Manta/Speedster/Breeze parts, I'm looking to upgrade some chrome because a few pieces are too crispy to bring back.

Looking for:
Manta Handlebars
24" S-5 rim hoops
'71 Dated crank 7 1/2" arms and maybe a Mag chainring
Chrome fork crown
Stem but I may have one

24" Speedster or Breeze should supply any of those parts except the bars. Let me know, thanks!

Latest posts

Back