Its an old Murray.... But what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its an old Murry girls bike but does anyone know anything about this bike other than that? I posted the pics in my intro as well. Here is a copy and paste. Thanks in advance.

I found this today and now I have it. Its an old Murray. Someone told me it may be some sort of 50's ladies delux model. It still has the horn in the tank and yes the horn still works. I have no clue. If you kind folks could help a fella out I would appriciate it. Thanks in advance. Here are the pics.

The seat has "troxel" stamped into the top rear of the seat pad.

murray069.jpg

murray084.jpg

murray082.jpg

murray070.jpg

murray072.jpg

murray071.jpg

Here is one of the seat with the color inverted so you can see it a lil better.

murray070-1.jpg

murray081.jpg

murray080.jpg

murray079.jpg

Here are a few more that wouldn't fit in the last post due to the amount of pics. Oh yeah, sorry for the quality of the pics. It was with an iphone. Thanks again.

murray077.jpg

murray076.jpg

murray074.jpg

murray075.jpg

murray073.jpg

Thanks again folks.

X-53. Looks just like the first bike I fixed up, it was a 1956 Western Flyer.

So it should be ok to make a bobber out of or should I take it to the rodrun in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and sell it to keep it the way it is? The thing has been painted with what looks like a brush or roller. I guess I'm just wondering what its worth......(anything or rod it). I was thinking about going with hotrod black and and some sort of trim color to have something to ride at the racetrack. Thanks.

streetmonkey said:
So it should be ok to make a bobber out of or should I take it to the rodrun in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and sell it to keep it the way it is? The thing has been painted with what looks like a brush or roller. I guess I'm just wondering what its worth......(anything or rod it). I was thinking about going with hotrod black and and some sort of trim color to have something to ride at the racetrack. Thanks.

its pretty rare and they command a good price, I wouldn't do anything but wipe the house paint off it with some thinner.. :shock:

Nice, Thanks. I'll just see if I can clean the paint off of it and then I may just ride it unrestored just the way it is. If they are rare, Would you know around how much it could bring worst/best case? Thanks again.

Thanks for the help folks. Nice bikes as well. BUT, looks like I'm in need of a set of bearings for the crank. I strolled throught the neighborhood today on the ol murray and notice a lil slack in the crank. I got back to the house and tore into it to see what the deal was with it. The bearings and races are shot! The left hand thread pedal side of the crank is almost striped out from what looks like a preveous crossthreading. I guess over the years they have just kept adjusting the slack out of the crank until the adjustment ran out. lol. So looks like I need a set of pedals, bearings, races, the crank should be fine with a new pedal. Anyone have any idea where to get these parts? Thanks in advance.

If I decide to keep it I would also like to find the front light for the fender.....

Latest posts

Back