Italian Job

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
build: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/italian-job.109048/#post-1110758

Frame made by Mario Peloso - Italian frame master from Alessandria who build this frame some time in late 60's. I bought this frame as a 'nice road frame to make a nice road bike' I start my research what exactly is it and with help from bikesforum and warmshowers I get in contact with Cosimo - italian bike mechanic (shop owner) who once worked with Peloso. After confirmation that this bike is actually over 50 years old custom made by frame master in Italy it would be a great shame to waste it with modern shimano parts...

THIS HAD TO BE AN ITALIAN JOB.

Rims NISI, hubs Campagnolo Record
All other components Campagnolo Gransport
Leather stitched handlebar wrap

Only few of modern parts - tires, brake pads, brake and derailleur cables. (wouldn't be easy to use 50yo parts here...)

IMG_20190714_145855.jpg

build: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/italian-job.109048/#post-1110758

Frame made by Mario Peloso - Italian frame master from Alessandria who build this frame some time in late 60's. I bought this frame as a 'nice road frame to make a nice road bike' I start my research what exactly is it and with help from bikesforum and warmshowers I get in contact with Cosimo - italian bike mechanic (shop owner) who once worked with Peloso. After confirmation that this bike is actually over 50 years old custom made by frame master in Italy it would be a great shame to waste it with modern shimano parts...

THIS HAD TO BE AN ITALIAN JOB.

Rims NISI, hubs Campagnolo Record
All other components Campagnolo Gransport
Leather stitched handlebar wrap

Only few of modern parts - tires, brake pads, brake and derailleur cables. (wouldn't be easy to use 50yo parts here...)

Great story and connection to this cool build!

The stitched handlebar wrap is ultra cool! If you have any more photos to highlight the wrap, and other parts, add them to this Finished Thread so people will see some highlights. Nice work! :thumbsup:

Beautiful ride!
BRAVO!

You probably already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong with the current pic, just making sure everyone knows.

Latest posts

Back