It was a very good Christmas! (EDIT!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amongst various other fun goodies, Santa left this under the tree for me this year:
163.jpg

182-1.jpg

179.jpg

188.jpg

165.jpg

The brand new 2011 model Electra Super Deluxe in two-tone Root Beer Metallic and Cream - I think I'm in love! :D

The paint is amazing, and even the wheels are painted a light gold metallic that matches the pinstriping between the colours on the frame. Very tasty!

EDIT:

As I mentioned below, I couldn't quite leave well enough alone, and did some playing around with it over the weekend, and came up with some things that I like much better than the factory set-up. I think this just became The Most Beautiful Bike I Own!
Anybody care to play Find The Differences??? :mrgreen:
031-9.jpg

040-4.jpg

Re: It was a very good Christmas!

Thanks - purdy, ain't it?

( ...and the mods have already begun. :mrgreen: )

Re: It was a very good Christmas!

<<{ shawweet color }>> !

Thanks. I think I'm in love with a two-wheeled transportation device. :mrgreen:

After seeing this new color in the catalog I am almost regretting mine so early. I still like my blue Super Deluxe but that color is really sweet.

So I noticed you changed the tires, saddle and grips, headlight and ditched the wheel reflectors. Did I miss anything?

Yeah, I like the blue, too, and almost bought one when I got my new Relic a couple of months ago - but just love this Root Beer colour. Glad I waited, especially after I found out they had discontinued the Relic this year.

And yup, sounds like you got everything right!
I'm lovin' the creme Fat Franks with the cream colour on the frame, and the very similar coloured wheels. I took the the seat and grips from the Relic, since I'd already swapped that one over to black accessories, and these beige pieces seemed to match nicer than the black ones it came with.

You know, I'm no kid, and I've gotten some pretty elaborate things for Christmas in the past, but I swear I feel like an 8 year old kid who just got the bike of his dreams under the Christmas tree! :D

Latest posts

Back