1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a Schwinn b10-e? Please Help

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by mendejo2100, May 3, 2012.

1. mendejo2100

mendejo2100

I purchased this via ebay about a week ago. The posting said it was a Schwinn b10-e but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone could help. Thanks.....Mendejo[im[​IMG]g][/im[​IMG]g][im[​IMG]g][/img[​IMG]][im[​IMG]g][/im[​IMG]g]

2. B607

B607

The dropouts don't look like Schwinn to me. Gary

3. mendejo2100

mendejo2100

Yeah, this is my first post and my first RRB project. I was hoping to get an ID on it so I could have reference for later projects. Thanks for the info! Steve

4. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

A Schwinn would have the rear frame stays narrow above the rear wheel arch. Very similar to this frame, which is actually a Shelby
    [​IMG]
    It could be a 1934 Westfield/Columbia with that D serial #. Most early W/C frames have a flared joint where the second tube meets the seatpost, like this.
    [​IMG]
    -Adam

5. mendejo2100

mendejo2100

Thanks for the info Adam. I think your right about the W/C that's what my bike looks like. I appreciate the help! Steve

6. rms37

rms37

Snyder built and Westfield built Moto-Balloon frames do not look much different but yours appears to be a Snyder built frame. The upper rear fender bridge has more of an arch than the contemporary Westfield frame and I believe I can see the vestigial lugs on the crank hanger that locate the seat and down tubes. Those are a Snyder hallmark. The serial number is also more in the pattern (and content) of an early Snyder number than a Westfield number.

7. mendejo2100

mendejo2100

Thanks for your help. I will start gathering parts now hoping to make this a cool rider! Steve