Is this a Schwinn b10-e? Please Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this via ebay about a week ago. The posting said it was a Schwinn b10-e but I'm not sure. I was hoping someone could help. Thanks.....Mendejo[im
DSC02636.jpg
g][/im
DSC02639.jpg
g][im
DSC02640.jpg
g][/img
DSC02641.jpg
][im
DSC02645.jpg
g][/im
DSC02646.jpg
g]

Yeah, this is my first post and my first RRB project. I was hoping to get an ID on it so I could have reference for later projects. Thanks for the info! Steve

A Schwinn would have the rear frame stays narrow above the rear wheel arch. Very similar to this frame, which is actually a Shelby
CRIM0005-3.jpg

It could be a 1934 Westfield/Columbia with that D serial #. Most early W/C frames have a flared joint where the second tube meets the seatpost, like this.
CRIM0013.jpg

-Adam

Thanks for the info Adam. I think your right about the W/C that's what my bike looks like. I appreciate the help! Steve

Snyder built and Westfield built Moto-Balloon frames do not look much different but yours appears to be a Snyder built frame. The upper rear fender bridge has more of an arch than the contemporary Westfield frame and I believe I can see the vestigial lugs on the crank hanger that locate the seat and down tubes. Those are a Snyder hallmark. The serial number is also more in the pattern (and content) of an early Snyder number than a Westfield number.

Latest posts

Back