Is there.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
...an ebike kit that doesn't require pedaling to start?
Maybe something that only requires rolling resistance like a moped?

Most e-bike kits have a thumb (or twist grip) throttle, no need to pedal. Are you having trouble finding one or haven't you had a good look yet? All the e-bikes I've built are throttle only and have no PAS system at all. In fact, I often give a little throttle and then throw my leg over the bike as it begins to move off, definitely no peddling with that method! As you are from the US, there should be no worry about throttle only systems being illegal. :39:

It's not illegal as long as it has pedals. I hadn't really looked for one yet, just had an idea pop in my head while I was on the site.
Didn't know if they all required pedaling like the one I have. I have to pedal then twist the throttle to engage motor, it disengages when I apply the brakes; front or rear. Then have to start the process over again.

I have a bike that has throttle and pedal assist. Thr's a button on the throttle that you press to make it into throttle,when you decide to pedal it goes into pedal assist.
20170220_142527.jpg

I tried one of the new Electras. $2750! The controller has settings to ride with no assist, and a little or a lot of pedaling. Maybe your system could be modified safely to run no assist.

Latest posts

Back