iRide Customs loop tail boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Designed it the other day and finally started fabrication today. Got miles to go before it's done....this one is going to be motorized. The tank is going to be quite a challenge, and I can't wait to get started on it!

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

man youre blowing it for me :x :x :x
now people are gonna like boardtrackers again after seeing this one!
just messing with ya! looking forward to seeing more(and if thats a hint of the tank i cant wait :mrgreen: )!

Stretch, I'm using the standard that I always use on the customs, .063" mild steel in 3/4" and 1" o.d. I did use a small piece of 1 1/4" tubing that I "ovalized" to connect the chainstays to the bottom bracket. I really like the mild steel because it bends fairly easily (with the proper tool) and welds nice as well.

I am having some issues designing the tank to look right, but the owner is coming over today to go over some alternate designs that I think will work. It's probably going to have a futuristic/vintage look depending on which point of view you have.

Hopefully we'll have the tank hammered out today or tomorrow.

i really really like the mix of old and new on that frame. from the side it looks old but the top view is a different story. very very very cool

karfer67 said:
i really really like the mix of old and new on that frame. from the side it looks old but the top view is a different story. very very very cool

Thanks! Wait until you see the tank. Got it roughed together today and it is pretty wild.

Here's some updates...

Finished the tank except for the filler and petcock bungs...

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Did a little frame paneling as well...

IMG_3602.jpg

I think it's going to be more classic style than boardtrack...

IMG_3604.jpg

nice work! the tank must have took a lot of time, how do you go about ovalizing tubing?

Latest posts

Back