IPAD 3 and the bicycle

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by Henry morgan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

Ok so I was in the store yesterday getting an IPad3 and as I am reaching to swipe my check card
    I start to think, you know how much bike stuff I could get for this money!!!! I say never mind and
    walk without the IPAD3 :lol: intervention on isle 2
  2. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Moderator

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Ha Ha...you are hooked. :lol:

BTW...we have an iPad2 and love it. Not sure how much difference the retina display or the better camera makes, but I bet you'll be able to get the iPad2's pretty cheap now.
  3. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

4. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

We bought the iPad just months before the iPad2 was released, when a senior in the church brought me his iPad2 to set up for him I was thinking "If I'd only known!" It's ok, the wife and kids have got tons of use from the iPad.
  5. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

i have the 1st ipad.. but can never get it away from my kid.between the two of us
    we have 3 desk tops 2 lap tops and the ipad.. and about 15 terabytes of storage
    so it was an easy call to walk away
  6. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We picked up an Ipad2 yesterday. I am a pc guy at heart, but the wifey's work computer is a Mac and she has gone to the other side. We have been playing with both her computer and the Ipad since we got home, is there a way to use the Ipad as a remote for the Macbook?
  7. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

dont tell anyone this .. but before I moved out of my condo downtown, I had 2 42 inch flat screens stacked on the wall
    my ipad and a mini fridge in the living room. it was great I only had to leave my chair to pee. my kid would bring me
    food..
  8. rydr1

rydr1 Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have certainly thought like you before.

If you want a tablet and don't mind something other than apple, Samsung has nice tablets and there is also the option of the nook or kindle. You can also make the nook or kindle run like a full tablet at under $200, that leaves you at least $300 for additional bike parts. :mrgreen:
  9. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

[ BTW...we have an iPad2 and love it. Not sure how much difference the retina display or the better camera makes, but I bet you'll be able to get the iPad2's pretty cheap now.[/quote]
    dang living the good life.. IPAD2 how many bikes you sell to get one :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Moderator

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Funny you should mention that...I did have to sell a couple of bikes last summer to get the money for it.

It was my wife's birthday present. :mrgreen:
  11. kngtmat

kngtmat

0   0   0

Bikes every time, I don't like stuff like that because my computer & phone can do everything for me so there is no need to waste more money.
  12. M.Martian

M.Martian

0   0   0

I'm not sure what type of remote control you are wanting to do, but look into these...

Mobile Mouse = a remote control app for iOS that gives you a mousepad and keyboard over wifi.

LetMeIn = a gotomypc type alternative that is free for basic use. This gives you a visual of the screen and control of the keyboard and mouse. This one is geared for away from the home scenarios but does work as a remote control depending on your internet connection speed.

MyMac = a remote control client for the mac. Free version will only allow you to remote one computer.

TIOD = a file sharing app that allows you to see a computer's shared folders and open pictures, videos, etc.
  13. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    Awesome! I hate electronics and still run Windows XP. It works just fine and is easy for an old geiser like me to use. I for one like to go out without having to worry about people bugging me on a cell phone. They can wait till I get home and check my messages. :mrgreen:
  14. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

I had a friend get the new ipad and Im like why when you already have the ipad 2 she says there awesome and that I should get one and I said why when I bought 3 kindles for the price of one ipad a couple months ago.
  15. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We got the My Mac app, but the problem we have is she cannot connect the ipad to the network at her school so we something that will work via bluetooth. She is wanting to be able to control the computer and what is being displayed over the classroom projector (connected to comp with a dongle) so she can move around the room while teaching.