Interrobang

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making some progress. Looks like less than it feels. I think I'll have to use cardboard to rough out the form for the lower section.
upload_2016-6-19_20-33-31.png

A little better idea with the tail light and shift knob more obvious. Looks like pizza delivery at the moment.
upload_2016-6-19_20-44-22.png

Lots of family drama and getting rear-ended two days in a row, totaling the Toad, has me slacking off on this, but I did a few things and I'm finally refining the lines to finish the rear fairing (the fairing will extend under the rack, as well). The big lights are probably a post-BO add-on, but I wanted to get an idea what they'd look like. There would be a fairing with two semi pods encompassing the lights and extending back over the handlebars horizontally. I don't like how they hide the tank lights, particularly when I get the cone lenses over them, but they otherwise look cool and should work effectively (one is a flood light, the other a spot).
upload_2016-6-26_12-15-25.png

upload_2016-6-26_12-15-45.png

My poor Toad. Most reliable car I've owned. 204,151 miles with no sign of impending problem. I drove it off the hood of the Camry that died in the process of wrecking my car. I'm sure they'll give me nothing for it. Everything behind the bumper up to the rear suspension subframe is smashed and the subframe itself is bent a little. The front plate of the Camry scraped paint on the remains of the muffler. My neck is also messed up, but, like Gloria Gaynor, I will survive (apologies if that gets stuck in anyone's head). Toad will not, but it did get me back home.

upload_2016-6-26_12-26-6.png

My poor Toad. Most reliable car I've owned. 204,151 miles with no sign of impending problem. I drove it off the hood of the Camry that died in the process of wrecking my car. I'm sure they'll give me nothing for it. Everything behind the bumper up to the rear suspension subframe is smashed and the subframe itself is bent a little. The front plate of the Camry scraped paint on the remains of the muffler. My neck is also messed up, but, like Gloria Gaynor, I will survive (apologies if that gets stuck in anyone's head). Toad will not, but it did get me back home.

View attachment 27584
1) Take care of yourself.
2) Check your insurance policy for medical. If you didn't have it in case you get in another accident.
3) Go to physical therapy. Some places won't charge if you don't get a settlement. Check your state's laws. In California, the at fault insurance company may pay all/some of your accident related bills.
4) Keep a spreadsheet of all your receipts because the person who hit you or their insurance company needs to reimburse you.
5) Track your accident related mileage. That is reimbursable too.

There are other tips but I have to get some shut eye.

Gig

- by Gigmata

Ouch! Hope your neck/back is fine.
Shame about Toad though.
Build is looking sick.
Be well!

Just saw your accident post.... hoping for some positive outcomes from this.

Yeah, I don't see me finishing this in time with too much stuff going on now.

Sorry to hear that man!
Get well and finish this baby when you can.

Thanks. I'm still pretty sore, so progress has slowed to almost nothing (and this Kia Rio rental's seats don't help my back, either) and I finally got a lawyer to deal with this mess of three insurance companies and workman's comp that has been eating too much of my time and patience in between other family issues. Plymouth Rock Insurance, I will say, has been upfront, prompt, courteous, and very reasonable with their settlement. The other person's company would wear the black hat if this were an old western.

However, I WILL finish this and Retro Rocket, it just won't be in time for the build off conclusion. I didn't even get a chance to do the really cool things I have planned yet!

And I have to get back to following all the great builds going on here.

Sending you prayers to be perfect ,whole and complete in health and welfare. Peace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back