Insane: 1. legally considered as psychiatrically disordered; 2. lacking reasonable thought

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! Yeah buddy, that looks like it'd be a cool ride. I really like the parts where he's on the wall, and it looks like it's pretty tight in a LOT of places.
Cool video.

Carl.

Nuts... I wonder how many people end up broken trying to just do this kind of thing without any real preparation because it looked cool in a video.

Nuts... I wonder how many people end up broken trying to just do this kind of thing without any real preparation because it looked cool in a video.
Did he win because he was the ONLY survivor? That is NUTZ!

Jason

On some of the support videos, one guy got it all wrong on the wall section and ate-it on the power line pole next to the landing ramp and on another one, a guy lost it on the banked curve, missed the landing ramp and ate the fence and pavement.

Adrenaline Junkies accept the consequences and back-in-the-day I would have too – so, when my youngest daughter saw the video and asked, “Are you going to do that Pops?” I answered, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.”

When I was a kid back in the 60’s, living on the edge meant doing wheelies on our muscle bikes – the times they are’a change’en...

Last edited:
C A, would you do that!? Just don't mess-up!!!!:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: :D

In a heartbeat. Adrenaline junkie by nature

After racing all disciplines of motorcycle over 24 years, seems like fun! :D

Here is a quick little vid I recently shared with another member. It was filmed in 2002, just after the bicycle racing season opener for the rocky mountain region in Moab, UT. A group of us got together with a local filmer/photographer that has gone on to become fairly well known in the industry for his work, and some kids from the bigger videos coming out of Utah in Thor Wixoms "Down" series. We headed out to Bartletts Wash near the Moab airport for a little freeriding and playing around. I am on a white second gen Santa Cruz Super 8, Jarrod B, and have a couple of decent shots in this quick vid. Was much fun doing crazy and stupid things in my 20s!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Here is a quick little vid I recently shared with another member. It was filmed in 2002, just after the bicycle racing season opener for the rocky mountain region in Moab, UT. A group of us got together with a local filmer/photographer that has gone on to become fairly well known in the industry for his work, and some kids from the bigger videos coming out of Utah in Thor Wixoms "Down" series. We headed out to Bartletts Wash near the Moab airport for a little freeriding and playing around. I am on a white second gen Santa Cruz Super 8, Jarrod B, and have a couple of decent shots in this quick vid. Was much fun doing crazy and stupid things in my 20s!

That's awesome! Super 8.............I approve :D

This stuff ain't nothing new. From the 1949 Schwinn catalog:

1949_18.jpg

When you are in your 20's and don't care if you crash, this DH course is for you...
This is so dangerous. You could be crippled with one mistake hitting one of those steel stairway rails!!! I have gone down hard at speed in the dirt and pavement many times, and wish never to do so again. Five broken helmets, one emergency room visit, and multiple concussions have forced me to open the throttle up only if I can see a long way ahead and am 100% familiar with the terrain. Great video...

There is no doubt that being 20ish and doing stupid stuff goes hand-and-hand. It is often wondered by many when looking back, how making it to thirty was a combination of miracle or sheer luck (some would argue both). The fact that 20-year olds are invincible, will live forever and are completely incapable of precarious foresight alludes to the fact that they are no more than kids in adult bodies.

Having said all that, I would gladly trade-in this 60ish mind and body for a 20ish mind and body and do all of that stupid stuff all over again (within reason) – after-all, there is a difference between just existing and living life at the very edge and in the moment!

Mother Natures’ irrefutable laws of physics are what kick’s our butts when we get it all wrong and that in turn is what gives us character. Personally, I’d rather be a participant then to be the one sitting on a fence watching the world go by.

Now, let’s go out and do something stupid (within reason of course) ha ha…

Latest posts

Back