I'm sure it's been done but...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone put a 20" wheel on the back of a 26" cruiser with, maybe, a 24" front wheel? Seems like it with have a wild rake if one could still pedal it! Any pics? Just trying to think outside the box.

Maybe with apes? Why not? It's done all of the time with murdercycles! Thought it would be cool to see it in pedal fashion.

I've ran 20's front and rear on a 26" frame just had to use shorter crank arms and change sprocket size to make up for arms

*Bicycle Smith's Studio*

I had a 26" frame that I put 16's on front and back but I had a crazy extended fork to compensate for the extreme drop.

dragnusa said:
Not my thing it just looks to easy Id rather do like my spitfire and have people go how did he stuff those big butt tires on that little frame
Do you have a link to a pic of that bike? I know a 20" rear wheel is the easy way out. Happen to have more 20" rear wheels laying around than a good 26" wheel with a coaster brake.

I threw a 20 on the back of an old 26" girls frame, and a 24 on the front for riding with my daughter. She goes so slow with her training wheels this works for me.

Now imagine apes and a paint job. Awesome or Abomination?
2012-05-30_14-39-51_402.jpg

i have raked it kind of a lot so i could get it lower
heres my chopper with a drag bar handle bars
2012-04-30_13-47-15_393.jpg

then i made me some custom apes i put on them now not finished with it yet
2012-05-01_15-58-45_600.jpg

2012-05-08_18-34-14_202.jpg

hope this is helps you

Really like the mtn bike handlebars on the chopper! Those apes look great also! Did you use 1" pipe? I think motorcycle bars are 1"pipe and could use motorcycle grips!

I'm not sure about the motorcycles in the U.S., but in Europe, only Harley's have 1" bars. Japanese- and Europe-built bikes have 7/8" bars (as far as I know).

Turtlesixfour said:

That is an Awesome Abomination!!! I love it. Some of my favorite bikes are the mismatched misfits, ragtag, fugitive fleets of parts come together in defense of awesomeness!

wimpy said:
I'm not sure about the motorcycles in the U.S., but in Europe, only Harley's have 1" bars. Japanese- and Europe-built bikes have 7/8" bars (as far as I know).
Thanks for the info Wimpy! A friend of mine wants to build his own bars and we figured that he would have to use 1"pipe to keep it from being sloppy in the stem. Maybe 7/8 pipe with a 1" sleeve in the center would work?

jackdaw said:
Turtlesixfour said:

That is an Awesome Abomination!!! I love it. Some of my favorite bikes are the mismatched misfits, ragtag, fugitive fleets of parts come together in defense of awesomeness!
Thanks jackdaw! Want to keep it a budget build but am waiting to find a 24" rear wheel now. The 20" is just too small.

Latest posts

Back