ill post it later.......aka mr. moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sensor said:
thanks for the compliments! just for the record i never claimed to be competent!

:roll:

KOTA said:
sensor said:
thanks for the compliments! just for the record i never claimed to be competent!

well i didnt!
as for what flavor on the paint...6 of them!
paintscrunger001.jpg

the one not shown is the rag with the used gear oil :wink:
well its about there.......
paintscrunger002.jpg

kinda torn on lettering the tank since i still dont have a proper headbadge :?

sensor said:
KOTA said:
sensor said:

well i didnt!
:?

We ALL know how competent you are! I'm always amazed at the bikes you build. .......That tank finishes that bike "perfectly"! Nice color match to the frame. Truly one of the best bikes here. :wink:

Man it looks really good. I was kinda torn on the tank because I was afraid it would overpower it but man was I ever wrong! It looks like it totally belongs there. This is really, really nice.

MikeS said:
Hey Shad- Is this the badge you need for that bike? If so shoot me a P.M......
IMG_1107.jpg
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
thats the one i need!!!(guess i will be doing the lettering now :roll: )

actually i have been racking my brain trying to think of what to stripe on the tank. elgin would be too easy. maybe moto but i have other ideas too if you want. othewise feel free to tell me to shut up :mrgreen:

thanks for the link and the offer :mrgreen:
was trying to find a proper script and 37fleetwood hooked me up with a picture of the original lettering so this is what im using(not gold and red though)
elginlettering.jpg

as for the brushes.......i think i still have mine around somewhere in the vortex of my garage :roll:

well got a break from tearing apart the garage for a bit so i got a chance to pencil in my lettering....
hopefully ill have a chance to break out the paint tonight and make it permanent(and have a steady hand :roll: )
letteringdrawnbeforepaint002.jpg

letteringdrawnbeforepaint001.jpg

now i just need to find my old brushes and pick a color.........

well.....its not supposed to be gold :roll:
letteringbeforeaging003.jpg

according to the label on the bottle its brass :? oh well once its dry enough to age i guess it wont matter too much
dont mind the background mess to much..i was serious when i said i was tearing the garage apart :shock:

when its completely done(still need to mount a head badge on there) or when times up :lol:
ill give you a hint though....for the most part theyre going to be from the first place i shot

Latest posts

Back