ill post it later.......aka mr. moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he was on the fence about it last time but i will bug him again. bike is lookin good buddy

sensor said:
SWEET! and only $1800 :lol:
well you contributed a good laugh too it!!

Kidding aside, you gotta tank it! From what we've seen in the past, you can make a BETTER tank then the original.

let me know when you want those parts buddy and i agree it needs a tank

D'OH!!!! just noticed you asked WHEN not if........ :oops:
im gonna try for this sat. if thats cool(still not sure my father in law had surgery today so plans might change quick
but ill pm or call you to let you know for sure) thanks again karfer!!!

The bike looks awesome with the wooden 28's I think you should make your own bars with welded on extensions, like the old boardtrackers did. Just my opinion.

well babys got a new pair of shoes :mrgreen:
wheels cleaning up good so far......
illpostitlaterwheelstires001.jpg

and heres the shoes :wink:
illpostitlaterwheelstires003.jpg

illpostitlaterwheelstires002.jpg

well i guess id better post something new huh.........
after many hours of fighting with a tire(its solid... dont think it came easy :lol: )finally figured out an easy way to mount the stinking things(think cable ties,ratchet strap, and tree) and heres the end result.......
illpostitlaterwheelmounted.jpg

oh another bit of advice........dont try to change the angle on a solid prewar seat post with a 6' cheater bar...............they make a huge SNAP!! good thing ive got a welder :lol:

sensor said:
finally figured out an easy way to mount the stinking things(think cable ties,ratchet strap, and tree)

Oh yeah, that sounds EASY! :roll: Can't wait to try it................NOT!

sensor said:
oh another bit of advice........dont try to change the angle on a solid prewar seat post with a 6' cheater bar...............they make a huge SNAP!! good thing ive got a welder :lol:

Wow. I tried to bend some Motocross bars that i heated to a nice cherry red. I couldnt get them to bend with 3' cheater stick. Now I know.

well.........when i bent the post it was around 1 am so i couldnt use my father-in-laws torch(and ive been out of gas for along time :oops: ) so i did it cold(and woke up every one also :lol: )
well...........i guess ill put something up now..........(it is rideable but the good pics dont come till the end...)
illpostitlaterwheelsmounted.jpg

That thing looks lean, mean and FAST! :wink:

Sensor- The bike is coming out nice. You will have to let me know exactly how you got your tires on as I am about to buy some for my 28" Rollfast. Also, where did you buy your tires from? I was thinking about getting the 28" grey sewn tires from memory-lane.com.

i got mine from universal tires
the sew up tires i know nothing about but heres how the solids go on........
first leave the tires out in the sun for a couple of hours...
do your glue according to the package(got mine from memorylane)...
then set half of you tire by hand...
zip tie what you have on so it wont pop off(use the heavy ones)...
take a tie down strap(or ratchet strap or what ever you want to call them) slide it under the tire between the rim and wrap around a tree or post pull on the wheel and roll the tire over the wheel...
proceed to the next one and let sit for a day before riding on them...
it sounds like a pain but it took all of 15 minutes for both :shock:

The bike looks great! I'm getting inspired by this to do something with my Elgin frame and fork. Did you try really hot water on the tires? Thats what we used on the smaller solid tires for kids bikes. Might be kinda hard to find the right size container for the tire/water combo.

your bike is awsome buddy but i gotta ask you one thing. i keep seeing that car stand durring this build does this mean that is your kickstand and if so isnt that going to be kinda heavy when your pedaling around on second sat rides?

karfer67 said:
i keep seeing that car stand durring this build does this mean that is your kickstand and if so isnt that going to be kinda heavy when your pedaling around on second sat rides?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
probably....but you might see a left hand drive too :wink:

Latest posts

Back