ill post it later.......aka mr. moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old 27" wheelset from a schwinn varsity you can HAVE if you pay for shipping... the rear would need it's freewheel 5speed removed and then dished if you were going to do single speed, and they're kinda rusty, but I've tried cleaning them up and it seems to come off no problem.

28" wheels would look way cooler though.

KOTA said:
I was going to post some complimentary comments on your progress, but, I guess....."I'll post it later". :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny Kota! Sweet frame Sensor! Glad your keeping the OG paint! Looks Awsome! Can't wait to see how you dress her up! :wink:
L8 EM

EvilJohnny37 said:
I have an old 27" wheelset from a schwinn varsity you can HAVE if you pay for shipping
i do appreciate the offer but im gonna use singletube 28's no matter how long it takes....if it doesnt happen before the deadline...oh well! ill still build her right(at least in my mind)after this is over

man....... guess i gotta take some more pics sometime huh?

from what ive heard and read you can get the new 29er mtb wheels and lace them to an old hub and they look close to the 28s when painted. i just want to keep period correct parts on her(besides i couldnt use the singletubes then...*someone correct me if im mistaken*)
ill just keep plunking away and sooner or later itll happen :|
ive built this bike in my head so often over the past year that i couldnt do it any different if i wanted too

are gonna pick up those sweet wood wheels for $500 @ the other place? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wish.....theyre really nice but im not rich :shock:
man i promise ill take a picture or 2 this weekend(wont be much to look at i havent found all the parts i want/need yet but hey.........weve got a couple months right?!?!? :mrgreen: )

well.......not too much progress
illpostitlater001.jpg

but ive got one wheel coming soon(THANKS too crassly :mrgreen: )! just need a rear wheel..pedals..seat..seat post..rear hub..tires..so on and so on :lol:
might actually have to make some things for it too :roll:

That fork matches perfect, wait a minute, too perfect. j/k. Sweet old frame and fork, another tank weld up?

That sprocket is too cool! I don't think I've seen a skip tooth sprocket like that. almost looks like a spider web or something. this is going to be a ....... bike when done!

IVE GOT 2 WHEELS NOW!!!! just waiting for them to come
yeah i think i might do a tank............again :roll:
but this time if i do it WILL be a tool box(already got it designed in my head and itd be really easy)unless......anyone got a late 20's elgin tank they want to get rid of? :lol: itd look like this................
http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle237.htm
okay bad picture...heres a better one.......
http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/1051.htm

if you paint that thing, better pull some strings cause it looks sweet as is !!! custom tank may call for custom paint tho too :lol:

lookin forward to seein this one done up right :wink:

glad you enjoyed the belairs :mrgreen:
well my wheels arrived today!!!
she just need some shoes now(hehehehe)
here she is barefoot.......
illpostitlater004.jpg

illpostitlater005.jpg

and karfer would you find out if you boss wants to sell that rear wheel pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease(i really want that hub!!)?
and btw the work issue got taken care of today so almost time for some non-balloons :shock:

Found a "tank" for ya, I'm only doing this cause your a nice guy, and I want to see you do good. You're the current CHAMPION and I'd really like to see you defend your title. So anything I can do to contribute to this build is my pleasure!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elgin-tool-tank-pre ... 18Q2el1247

Oh yeah! Almost forgot.......If ya need "shoes", I got extra.

Latest posts

Back