I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged this ladies 5 speed LW star cruiser. Few good bits.
47722E34-AF22-4CF7-91B1-74EE527C3348.jpeg

And a red Cyclepro custom 5. Will look nice next to my blue one.
F368F5EA-A5F0-4119-82DA-D7779769A3E0.jpeg

Early 80s Diamondback Sand Streak. Great parts throughout.

View attachment 87462

Stoked on the arayas with almost no brake rub. Sugino stem, dia compe brakes, square taper to American bb, etc
so, like, big bottom bracket shell that'll fit a one-piece crank, but with a BMX-style 3 piece bottom bracket set? sweeeeet..... I thought you had to hit vintage BMX parts stashes to find them...

so, like, big bottom bracket shell that'll fit a one-piece crank, but with a BMX-style 3 piece bottom bracket set? sweeeeet..... I thought you had to hit vintage BMX parts stashes to find them...
Exactly. There’s a few 80s cruisers that have them, but not many. I believe the spindle is about 127mm. Modern offerings are either 122 or 130. I recently ran into an issue running a 122, so stoked to have found it.

Forgot to take a pic before I started stripping the paint, but here’s a screen shot. 2003 Kona Unit single speed mountain bike frame and a Surly instigator fork I grabbed on eBay. Been wanting to build a rigid SS mtb for a bit and the deal on this was good enough. It’ll be a fun knock around bike for sure!

F54A945B-2C87-4140-8EE0-6A66F3A8E811.png

Nice. Are you going straight mountain bike, or are you going to bmx it up?

My Monocog...http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...line-bmx-cruiser-sort-of.107331/#post-1096406

Jason
Rad Monocog! I’d been eyeing those too.
I’m leaning more mountain bike. But it will prob have some bmx influence. If the chainline works out, I have a mid school Haro 3 piece crank I’d like to run on it. I’ve got most the parts as it won’t be a build where I am overly concerned with era appropriateness as I usually am.
Getting the spray bomb off proved to be a challenge, so I started stripping all the paint. Once it’s stripped and painted I suspect I’ll have some pics of it built within a week or so.

I’m usually not fond of repaints. But this has a lotta goodies. ‘79 Schwinn, Tange fork, Ukai rims with bendix 76 and chair hubs, sugino chainring. For less then what the forks fetch, I had to take it home with me.

B5342E7E-E42C-49C3-A9C7-FC7746386052.jpeg

Super cool seller too. He was the original owner and remembers pickin it out when he was 12. It was originally red, so I believe it’s a spitfire. Chain guard looks older. There’s not a scratch on the metallic blue. I think I’ll get some appropriate decals and swap the stuff not mentioned and have a rad rider.

Latest posts

Back