I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 1986 Schwinn Sierra had a Slingshot Stem.
Another 86 I still need to finish .
1590665498127.png

The bar "end" placement is still messing with my mind. Bar mids? Am I curious enough to pull off my grips and shifters? Probably not.
I promise it will be changed once I install the cables and start making adjustments , but there's a few bikes in front of it . Guys gotta support his bike habits some way .

First I gotta get my mid school MTB on, then I'll be hunting for something a little more old school, slingshot or bullmoose bars are high on my wish list. Being in Canada, it'll probably be some weird Norco or something. They were great at neon fades and splatter paint

I actually picked this up a while back, but hadn’t posted a pic as I wasn’t sure I was going to keep it. It arrived with damage the seller had not disclosed. The keyhole was ripped and cracked, and the rear triangle was outta wack. I had the key hole repaired and drop outs cleaned up by Johnny True Torch. And with some careful use of a 2x4 I massaged the rear triangle back into place.

1980 Bassett

09FDA65C-7758-46AD-B725-A52B968EE72D.jpeg

So now it's a TrueTorch Star Cruiser? I love the Star, one of my "must have" bikes. Someday
Well, I mean, he was the original welder for it back in ‘80....

And I have been eyeing the decals.. the chrome is pretty beat on it, so I think a full decal set may look a little off. Was gonna try for either just the head badge decal, or a vintage skate sticker on the head tube.

Didn't know that about JTT. Was he welding headers and whatnot there before they started doing bikes? Was he John TT then, or just John S?

Edit: you might be into bikes if you can name more welders than Kardashians
I honestly don’t know. But I think he was there for the bikes. Went to CW after that.

So, if you’ve ever tried to build a King Sting, you know the hardest two pieces to find by far are the bars and forks.....

Got these in the mail yesterday, so stoked!!

7CACA589-0D64-47E2-A0CD-40EE4B3B2D09.jpeg

HUGE thank you to @Robertk !!!

Last edited:
I honestly don’t know. But I think he was there for the bikes. Went to CW after that.

So, if you’ve got vet tried to build a King Sting, you know the hardest two pieces to find by far are the bars and forks.....

Got these in the mail yesterday, so stoked!!

View attachment 124163

HUGE thank you to @Robertk !!!
So cool

Been picking things up and neglecting to take pictures. Got a nice Spaceliner yesterday-

7437EA20-DB88-4721-9B2E-7F169B680D9A.jpeg

A week or so back I was fortunate enough to come across another MCS Magna Cruise. It had much better chrome, original decals, and the proper fork. I didn’t take any pics before I frame swapped everything from my current one-

A88AA816-F4B2-4C4C-8468-015CDDC020A1.jpeg

A7BE72D0-15AF-4222-A460-865668D963FD.jpeg

Latest posts

Back