Completed: Il Bassett Italiano

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
When finished, this will be posted in the Strandie thread, but for now, I'm chronicling my latest build. This build is called 'Il Bassett Italiano' or 'The Italian Bassett'. Basically it's all about building a 26" BMX Cruiser / Strandie with an Italian influence. The build will have a Campagnolo drive train, Campagnolo front Sherriff star hub, Selle Italia saddle, and what @danthrift calls Superleggera (translation: "super light") rims. Or what most of us call Araya 26 x 1.5 rims. :) Contact rubber will be 26 x 2.125 snake bellies. The rest of the parts list includes: Blue Tuf Neck stem and seat clamp; Santa Barbara Cruisers laid back seat post; Suntour coaster brake, cruiser handlebars, AME grips, Blue MKS BM-7 pedals, Tange 1200 forks, and a Tange Bottom Bracket. This is going to be a fun build. Hopefully you will enjoy it too!
Some pics:

Foundation

Tange BB

Very nice. Looks to be an original Bassett Star Cruiser, and not the new-production ones.... extra hott. But, you definitely lose 5pts for using Sugino chainring bolts. :grin:
cps82a.jpg

PS- what bars are those?

If I send you one Campy bolt, then you'll just be at -4pts. :grin: LMK

(SIKE! I don't believe i have any Campy chainring bolts.... i got a Record rear derailer somewhere, and a few other bits, but that's it......)

Latest posts

Back