I found a rat's nest today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I live in a rural area of Iowa and work at a Napa Auto Parts store I get lots of old farmers coming in and today this old boy was in and saw my flyer wanting old bikes and he sez "C'mon out I got a couple in the old chicken coupe" so I stopped out immediately after work so he takes me out behind his old farm house and well the chicken shed fell down a few years ago so he fires up his old farmall H with a loader bucket and lifts the roof off the chicken coupe and in under neath the rubble was this rats nest.....I wish my camera wasnt in the shop because I would have loved to taken pictures as he unearthed this treasure but here are some crappy web cam pics of what I brought home

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

it looks like the 2 complete are Schwinns mid to late 30's
one frame 50s other frame might be a real early schwinn and the other is a prewar but cant remember what it is

by the way they were free too! :)
and his wife threw in a cup of hot cocoa!

ahh...yaa..!!!!!

nice score Hooch!
I love shakin hands..shootin the breeze,and diggin through old stuff
with The Veterens...great price too..

make sure you send him a picture of the bikes when they're done.

Excelent Chicken Coop find!

peace,
Kev.

Great find! And you can't beat the price either!

This one just begs to be a board tracker:

Picture013.jpg

-Mp

Schwinnspastic said:
Holy covered in bird poop Batman....nice find

Ya be careful not to wrack your knuckles wrenchin' and get bird poop in the open wound :wink:

ok 5 cans of PB Blaster now everthing is soaked and put away in the shed for future use :) I kept a few parts out for the RRBBO :)
the red and white is a prewar Schwinn for sure mius a few OG parts
Schwinn world deluxe badge
the red complete bike is a 1936 Colson it seems this looks like it
1071127585-31603-8880-950625-975-1983012051.Om1965_070.jpg

the others... no idea but the bike that is missing the fork has a unique rear frame similar to late 30s Mercurys..... wait a Mercury bike? oh it has to be lowered with lake pipes!!

...wait a Mercury bike? oh it has to be lowered with lake pipes!!...

Slammed...57 Caddy Caps...Chopped A,B,and C pillers.
..frenched head light with a 10 tooth grille...

HEAVY metal flaked roof...DP 70 Finished Body...door handles shaved..flat black with all
white interior....oh yaa, and Lake Pipes!

Sweet Chicken coop find Hooch!
some times your the windsheild..some times your the bug.
and right now your the windshield.Now you have to keep the Karma scale balanced,go out and walk an old Ladies dog or something! :lol: :lol:

peace,
Kev.

hooch the one with the three spoke sprocket is a colson i believe. one of the top 5 bikes i want to own before i die lol. if you want to part with it please let me know first.

yea a 40-41 colson bullnose I have been told and the line has been forming on that one lol but I am not looking to sell any of them at this point well unless the offer was to nice to turn away
it has the coolest curved fender braces I am going back to the farm this week to see if the tank and fork might be laying where I didnt see them

Latest posts

Back