i dont wanna eat burritos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
or read about O.J
anywho
started my burrito build a few days ago, went up the dump and got me a nice steel donor bike, but i forgot to take a photo before the strip :(
BikeOne2.jpg

it was in pretty poor condition, the BB is stuck in but that dont matter because i have a plan

i then proceeded to cut it up and make this
FirstMockProblem.jpg

but as you can see there was a small problem (the wheel wont touch the ground when fitted)

i fixed this with my foot and got this
SecondMockSolved2.jpg

which i then welded up with some top quality snot
WeldedHalf1.jpg

i also added a gusset under the BB because my standing on it frame modification caused some wrinkling of the steel

today i went down the dump again and picked this up
P1010094.jpg

i will use this to make the front end of the bike

overall i want it to turn out something like this
P1010090.jpg

id also like to say thanks to my friend paul for letting me use his expertise and workshop to weld the frame up and make some slight changes

snfargle said:
but as you can see there was a small problem (the wheel wont touch the ground when fitted)

i never get this to work exactly right, but when i first saw them on, i think chopper bike forum, they we're saying set the bottom tube on a 4x4 and work around that. somehow i lose ground clearance as i work on it (the one i kept for myself i messed up the worst. i think i have like 2"), but at least it gives you a point to work from.

the white bit is an exercise bike, i dunno if it will get used but i have already made stuff from some of it
my fixie road bike got the cog
and im making some ape hangers from its bars today

Philphine said:
i never get this to work exactly right, but when i first saw them on, i think chopper bike forum, they we're saying set the bottom tube on a 4x4 and work around that. somehow i lose ground clearance as i work on it (the one i kept for myself i messed up the worst. i think i have like 2"), but at least it gives you a point to work from.

i didnt really have a method of getting it right i just used a house brick as a measure for ground clearance, i think the main problems will come when i put the front end on
i think i will use this method when it comes to getting the ride height right with the front
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6916&hilit=los+dos+amigos

got some more done today

FourthMock5.jpg

cut the 2nd donor bike up

FourthMock1.jpg

got the front end mocked up and a fishmouth cut done on the tube

FourthMock8.jpg

made a nice kinked tube outta the old seat tube to connect to the down tube, left the seat post in to give it something to anchor into the top tube

FourthMock6.jpg

what she's like now

had a quick measure, end to end comes up at 8'4" wheel centre to wheel centre 6'4" and it wont fit in the car or shed when welded 8)

update time
got the extension piece welded up for the top tube

P1010114.jpg

left the seat clamp lugs on to enable it to be fitted easier (with a hammer), left the post in to give a larger surface area of the join

P1010113.jpg

done all the cuts and welded the front end on at work

P1010130.jpg

surprised myself with the straightness of the part welded on, did it by eye like

chucked in some wheels just to see what it looked like

P1010137.jpg

P1010139.jpg

P1010140.jpg

another update
bikes nearly done now, welded in another tube at work the other day

P1010143.jpg

built it up when i got home and took it for a roll, it does not handle too badly but it doesnt handle too good either
turning circle is similar to that of a small container ship

welded in the bottom bracket at work today

P1010147.jpg

got a chain sorted and took it out for a ride, i still need to iron out a few issues and get some more appropriate handlebars
rides pretty sweet and doesnt ground out too much, gives a nice soft ride too

painting is the next job, i was thinking either metallic blue, black or dark green, any more suggestions are much appreciated (except pink)

I am going with a blue met. on my burrito. My other thought was a school bus yellow( because my bike is the size of a bus)

Latest posts

Back