BO15 I Can't Afford the Gas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always great to see a build off bike out in the wild!

I got a 5/8 “lucky 7” seat post. I did some cutting to make a shim.
9ec2e74975d2f8b2ab0459bf4d0c5016.jpg

b6b473b0d5596a327564e9ff496017e4.jpg

cf9861f67b55cc31a1259e6813b134f1.jpg

Then added some beer-can metal to shim between the post and the 13/16 seat post “shim.”
5a54d3672a0e2b4a1f40a7c9c787baa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggin' all your Doo-dads! Doo-dads! (insert that phrase in this cartoon)

"Ah say, ah say, that, that's a joke son, that's a joke!"

I took I Can’t Afford the Gas our for an extended ride yesterday. It’s REALLY noisy. Squeaky seat springs, crank clicking on the chain guard, pedals grinding and clicking. I THINK I’ve identified all the sources of noise. Do I fix? Or is it all part of its allure. They’re kind of funny because they’re all in the rhythm of the pedaling.

I took I Can’t Afford the Gas our for an extended ride yesterday. It’s REALLY noisy. Squeaky seat springs, crank clicking on the chain guard, pedals grinding and clicking. I THINK I’ve identified all the sources of noise. Do I fix? Or is it all part of its allure. They’re kind of funny because they’re all in the rhythm of the pedaling.

Maybe create a music video?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The power of steel wool... before and after...
fcc4864351101230e94d9db74c2affeb.jpg

ff867b257c50a9e15fb59a6eebe73388.jpg

How do you use steel wool without messing up the paint? I've got 2 S2 wheels that have a bunch of grey primer on top of the original paint, but I don't know how to remove the grey junk without messing up the original paint underneath.

How do you use steel wool without messing up the paint? I've got 2 S2 wheels that have a bunch of grey primer on top of the original paint, but I don't know how to remove the grey junk without messing up the original paint underneath.

I used Brillo pads or S.O.S. Pads with the soap in them. I think the soap acts as a lubricant ( kind of ) and sort of just slides over the paint.

I used Brillo pads or S.O.S. Pads with the soap in them. I think the soap acts as a lubricant ( kind of ) and sort of just slides over the paint.

Just tell him "very carefully"

Love the CFTBL fender ornament. I think you should leave it the current shade of green. It is obviously not "original" to the bike :D , so no need to make it the same color. Just my opinion.

Where the heck did you find that!?! It's your avatar ! Speaking of which, I have always wondered, where did that avatar photo originate? I'm sure there's a good story behind that. :nod:

I found it, where else!? eBay!

I believe it’s die cast, like a Hot Wheel. So I’m going to try and strip it down for a more “galvanized” look. That’s the plan. Andy, I did think of chrome too, and KF, I also thought about leaving it. Ultimately, after staring at it for a while, it told me to strip it down to bare metal and see what it looks like.

OJ, I’ve always just like the Creature. He’s my favorite monster. He was just a survivor, minding his own business in his little sanctuary. The, BAM! Julie Adams shows up and he’s in love. Who can blame him? He’s my avitar for my work email too.

Latest posts

Back