Huffy "The Wheel" help needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Working on getting this bike somewhat back to original. Stalling out on finding the right parts of course.

IMG_3330.JPG
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG

What I really would love to find is: front wheel, front and back fenders, parking break stick (with brake cable housing would be AMAZING!!!), Double red band slick (I know, I know, I know).

Also would love to find the correct sissy/seat but that is slightly lower priority.

I agree with Crash, Rob Eagleye is usually your best source for parts and guys here on RatRod that might also have extra parts. When I restored my Huffy Wheel I went between Rob, EBay, Craigslist and guys here on RatRod for parts. I bought two or three Huffy bikes on Craigslist, mostly for the parts, and as long as you get 20 inch Huffy bikes the same year (67-70) the parts should be interchangeable. I even ended up restoring one of the parts bikes for my grandson. It also creates a good back stock of parts to be used on later proojects. The downside is the parts are usually hard to find.

Coming along... Got the double red band tires and correct front wheel a few months ago. Also got the correct drag brake lever sans the knob. Fenders, sissy, and seat are still incorrect. Would love to find a black 333 shifter knob, correct fenders, etc...

Attachments

• image1 (5).JPG
    image1 (5).JPG
    184 KB · Views: 235
@CRASH
Yeah, I figured a black knob from a 333 shifter would be close enough and easier to find than the correct one. And yes a smaller seat on it right now. About to put the cheap new Taiwanese one back on. This bike still needs plenty to be correct but I am much happier now that I got the right wheels and tires. This is a wall hanger for myself so I am not in any kinda crazy rush to find the last few things. Kinda a backburner project while I wait for the last things to pop up.

Latest posts

Back