Huffy muscle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know it's a huffy but it doesn't look long enough for a rail.
IMG_20170323_185637.jpg

Long frame - looks like a rail frame to me. Nice find.

To me it looks like a later model rail frame that someone added the center bar to. The bar looks too straight. It should have a curve to it.

Thanks, I thought it was a rail but it was confusing me so I bought it anyway. It's pretty rough but I think it will blast clean. I have a slingshot fork if I can find a 1 3\8 wheel

Going to have to clean up a little bit to see the numbers . Original color is purple,the shifter bracket looks to be partially missing

To me it looks like a later model rail frame that someone added the center bar to. The bar looks too straight. It should have a curve to it.
Good call. I did not notice the frame bar that looks added. How many inches from the seat post to the end of the top tubes? It should be around 22, 23 inches.

Nice grab there! That is a 1966 Rail. The frame is bent I think, that is why the bar pokes out above the frame. I think the head tube is pushed back a bit? Let me know what you guys think?

14905699926902014700371.jpg
Good eye there Rf. I would not have noticed the center tube sitting high , somebody must have hit a wall , the shifter bracket is on the center tube, I googled it on images an saw a few like that. Earlier models?

Yes, that is a 1966 Rail I believe. The first year they made them they used a brazed on shifter from Huret. The stick was long and had a little black T Handle on top.

Oh yah I could tell right off it was a rail.
Nice find .

I guess this goes to the body shop on the frame rack, I wish I had Geico! I am busy with a new job right now and just ordered my decals for my wedge,but this is next. I may need some measurements from somebody on RRB. The headline is where the main trouble is.The down tube is pushed in and up bowing the middle rail upwards.The little boy who wrecked it last words was Hey, Watch This!!!!

Latest posts

Back