Huffy Cranbrook - pedal thread - 1/2" ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't have the bike in front of me and would like to order some new pedals ... are these the standard 1/2" thread size or are they a metric thread pitch?

thanks! :thumbsup:

I don't have the bike in front of me and would like to order some new pedals ... are these the standard 1/2" thread size or are they a metric thread pitch?

thanks! :thumbsup:
My Cranbrook is standard 1/2" as it still has the one piece crank it came with. It's about 4 years old.

Yeah, basically, OPCs take 1/2x20tpi pedals.... which is the Cranbrook stock crank's spec. Even the vast majority of 3pieces take 9/16"x20tpi. The only real metric pedals you ever come across are from french bikes, 14x1.25mm.

Most all one piece cranks are 1/2" three piece are 9/16"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great minds think alike, i guess.

FWIW, there's plenty on a Cranbrook that's metric, but plenty that ain't, such as the headset bits, crank hardware, rear axle itself (but you'll want metric cone wrenches for the hardware), handlebar and most cockpit fittings, etc. Most bikes are a mix between metric and imperial-type standards, mostly b/c bikes are a collection of components....and some components kept the traditional, pre-metric specs and others did not.

Can any of you Huffy Cranbrook owners tell me how much the bike weighs?

Looking to build a daily rider as a bmx cruiser type.

Looking at
Huffy Cranbrook
Schwinn Aerovane
And to many others.
Seriously thinking going free wheel over coaster.

Thanks
Jim

I had a donor Huffy, it was 1/2"-20tpi, although the previous owner tightened the right pedal on left side and the left on right(!).
There are lots of pedals out there, and might be more options with 9/16".
On some of my bikes I like to use pedal extenders, which are common in the 1/2" crank to 9/16" pedal conversion.

it's gonna be heavy mild steel.. there are tons of OS mountain bikes with butted chromo frames out there for next to nothing that make great strandies.

Latest posts

Back