Howie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sold the unfinished Fizzer Racing bike last week & that project will be replaced by "Howie" I bought this bike off of e-bay. I have no idea what direction I wanna go with this bike either. Just took it apart & getting it ready for sanding.
76f7_3.jpg

P7010001.jpg

P7030001.jpg

that is a nice lookin bike. get to work, want to see what ya goin do to this one.

Outlaw 8)

HEY! Wait a minute! I didn't buy BLUE tires, because you were using them. I bought WHITE instead. Then you sold the bike. Hey pal, your buying the WHITE tires off of me. (just kidding)......Can't wait to see what you do with this one. :D

Sanded the frame down to bare medal & sprayed some primer on it.
P7060001.jpg

Decided at the last minute to paint it satin cream & satin blue rustolem. I was going to do satin black & silver but I wanted to do something different & classic looking.
P7060005.jpg

P7060006.jpg

Looking good! can't wait to see what you do with the tank and wheel colors.

that head badge is awesome.

You're starting on bike #2 and i haven't even decided on my first one yet. i better get busy.

Scuffed up the wheel with some sand paper & sprayed it with a satin paint
P7060003.jpg

Sanded, primed, wet sanded & then sprayed the tank & put it on but it just doesn't look right so I'm taking it back off tonight & I'll think I'll continue the blue color onto the tank a little bit.
P7080004.jpg

just my useless $.01 but you might want to do the tank the blue about 2" in from the outer edges all the way around...itd even it out then just stripe it what ever color you use on the rest of the pins

sensor said:
just my useless $.01 but you might want to do the tank the blue about 2" in from the outer edges all the way around...itd even it out then just stripe it what ever color you use on the rest of the pins

that would look good

That's looking so much better than when you got it. Are you going to have the fenders and rear rack on it still?

Yeah the rear rack & fenders are going on it too. I still have to sand, prime & paint those. I won a light off of ebay last night. So now I have to decide whether to use the fender mounted light or the one I have to mount on top of the handle bars.

this bike is looking SHARP !!! really like how tank lines and top tube lines meet up too ... meant to be :)

That paint job looks 10 times better then the original! 8)

Latest posts

Back