Howdy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks!
New member here, my name is Ty and I'm from Tucson, Az. Been building bikes since ~2009, but they have been more modest track bike builds with custom 'details'. I recently purchased my first schwinn stingray. I've been wanting one for quite some time, but locally they rarely pop up... or at least from what I've seen. This stingray has been the most fun project to date, and is what lead me to this forum. It's also created the itch to start focusing on fabrication rather than the 'bling' parts that come with building track bikes. I'm a machinist by trade, I help my father run his machine shop down here, so I have access to more equipment than I know what to do with ;) I've also been building old muscle cars (MoPar!) and '60s style chopper motorcycles since high school. Needless to say I'm a little familiar with fabrication, it just hasn't translated into bicycles...yet...

I'm excited to learn from the great talent I've already seen just in browsing an hour or two on here. Great stuff guys!

Anyway, I won't get into posting the track bike stuff I've been doing, but here is something a little different I recently finished:

1986 Schwinn High Sierra with a little modern twist:
I started this one with just a raw steel frame:

And this is what I ended up with:

My stingray build started as:

Where it is now:

Still a lot more to go on this lil stingray, but I'll share those details in the build forums...

And last but not least here is the face behind the name... and my current, unfinished chopper. Not bicycle related, but I LOVE it :D

Happy building / riding y'all!

Last edited:
Welcome sir! Some really nice looking bikes and your chopper as well! Looking forward to seeing your future builds.

Latest posts

Back