How to ship twin bar?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my twin bar project that will be a rat rod when the guy is done with it. As you might guess the handlebars are frozen in place -- any ideas how I can ship it without taking them off? I feel like it is going to be a big problem getting them done.

Attachments

• IMG_4548.JPG
    IMG_4548.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 173
Ive never heard of bars being frozen in the stem. have you used pb blaster on the front bolt?
Just make sure you communicate with the buyer and get his buy in on whatever you do.

Frozen is likely tre wrong word. It just doesn't look like it wants to separate-- i am working on it! I sprayed with pb so we will see!!!

Are you talking about the stem being stuck in the steer tube or the bars being stuck on the stem? Or both?

I think the only thing I need to do is get he handle bars off.

The stem may have to stay in there, and just the handlebars slid out of the stem. Just loosen the handlebar bolt and put your weight on the grips, it'll come free, then one handlegrip will have to be slid off. I take a crescent wrench, tighten it and slide it up to the inside of the grip on the handlebar, then tap it with a mallet and the grip flies right off, then the bars slide right off.

Latest posts

Back