How to Post Photos Since Recent Site Upgrade Work ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the recent site work, I can't upload using the free image uploader anymore
It was working fine just a week , or even less ago.
Any Info on This......???
here's what I get when I try to upload...EVERY TIME...
I'm back to using flickr....which is a dodgy site at best.

thank you,
Franco

26276841982_b7330d907d_b.jpg

Haha what ever you do, don't get blacklisted as a hacker by the server. That Sucks.................really bad.
I have started using my old photobucket account and bringing pics over from there.

For the sake of education...

The server that the forum is on has some pretty high security settings. Unfortunately when someone receives an error message over and over in a short period of time, the server thinks that someone is trying to hack in and to protect itself, it blocks the user's IP address. This makes it impossible for the user to get to the forum.

I end up having to get the person's IP address and contact the server admin to have them remove the IP address from the black list.

Typically this happens when someone keeps trying to upload an image to the site over and over again while receiving an error message each time.

For the sake of education...

The server that the forum is on has some pretty high security settings. Unfortunately when someone receives an error message over and over in a short period of time, the server thinks that someone is trying to hack in and to protect itself, it blocks the user's IP address. This makes it impossible for the user to get to the forum.

I end up having to get the person's IP address and contact the server admin to have them remove the IP address from the black list.

Typically this happens when someone keeps trying to upload an image to the site over and over again while receiving an error message each time.

I use Mozilla Firefox....always and only...I don't think I've ever used any other browser, except maybe Internet Explorer once by accident....lol :giggle:
I was using the upload feature just fine until that announcement the other day about site work being updated.
but thanks for the clarification Rat Rod.....

Blacklisted?..uh oh... was just trying to upload, but I guess it's like other sites...(banking sites, PayPal for instance), if you forget your password (which I do daily for just about every site except Craigslist) and try it about 6 times, you're shut out ..for a bit

OK, what do I do to get back on track. ??.can you view my IP addy...or shall I send it , or add it here...?

Thanks so Much for the replies
:thumbsup:
Franco

Now, I just wrote a whole reply post and got this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I don't know what's going on..Using Firefox...and was uploading just fine until the site update stuff a bit ago...Picture size is well with in limits, Luke....
OKay, well, I don't need to get blacklisted, so shall I include my IP addy, or can you see that? thanks for the clarification Rat Rod.

Franco

For some reason, I am slightly entertained that someone other than me is having similar problems. Is that wrong? I know that most of the problem for me is a lack of computer knowledge. I mean, I'd go back and live in the 60's over and over if I could.

I use Mozilla Firefox....always and only...I don't think I've ever used any other browser, except maybe Internet Explorer once by accident....lol :giggle:
I was using the upload feature just fine until that announcement the other day about site work being updated.
but thanks for the clarification Rat Rod.....

Blacklisted?..uh oh... was just trying to upload, but I guess it's like other sites...(banking sites, PayPal for instance), if you forget your password (which I do daily for just about every site except Craigslist) and try it about 6 times, you're shut out ..for a bit

OK, what do I do to get back on track. ??.can you view my IP addy...or shall I send it , or add it here...?

Thanks so Much for the replies
:thumbsup:
Franco

Email me the photo that you were trying to upload to [email protected]

Thanks!

I knew I wasn't the only one having this problem Steve!

Haha! Me too. Firefox user, and I have uploaded many pictures before that were actually bigger than 1600x1600 but smaller than 1.5mb... so I took it to mean either or. I'm guessing that triggered something although it took it's time. So, now I can't post pictures either, even after resizing them. I suppose I should go back and resize all my older photos. But that's not gonna fix the current issue for me is it...

Carl.

So, now I can't post pictures either, even after resizing them. I suppose I should go back and resize all my older photos. But that's not gonna fix the current issue for me is it...
Carl.

Guess it's only happening to some of us....Until it's sorted out Carl, I guess it's back to Flikr, Imgur, Photobucket or...god forbid...Imageshack. :giggle:

Just uploaded a 1024 x 794 jpg to "Macro Monday" without incident. Running p4 Winxp box and Chrome browser.
yeah I'm still getting error...
XP machine with Firefox, it's not the machine. It did let me go thru Photobucket.

Carl.

Used to be a big fan of Firefox - then they went nuts with "updates" and I gave up on them.:(
Well it is a free program with open code for developers...
So they do need to update. Auto update is nice....

Carl.

Well it is a free program with open code for developers...
So they do need to update. Auto update is nice....

Carl.
I think the problem is they keep changing version # and software looks to see if the browser is up to date and if not it dont work - or something like that anyways it got so I could not open youtube and some other sites and after switch to chrome problem solved.

Used to be a big fan of Firefox - then they went nuts with "updates" and I gave up on them.:(
Me three. I used Firefox for a couple of years, it worked fine until one day it basicly quit and rather than load a library worth of new crap and re-install piles of existing software I switched to Chrome and it just plain worked.

Latest posts

Back