How to pick good springer fork...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I havent got a definitive answer to that either (yet) though I asked a few people about it during the winter. Im inclined to go with what the motored bike people have been using with some successful history behind them. The Felt Jerry Springer and Abraham Linkage 'seem' to be built to a higher standard, but Id like somebody to really say so. Im also inclined to use a 1 1/8" steerstem if at all possible.
FWIW, $39.95 forks sorta scare me........I dont want any faceplants!

My favorite springer thus far is my felt (standard springer). Its sturdy and doesn't squeak much when a tiny bit of oil is added to the spring shaft. The springer on my electra rat rod was great too, but it needed a lot more oil to keep it from squeaking. The springer on my 06 new belgium electra is a tiny bit bent and pulls the bike to the left. Probably an easy fix and not sure if it was like that from the factory, but that's my experience.

I have a aftermarket springer in my pile but I haven't had a chance to toss it on a bike yet. Looks like it'd do the job though if setup properly.

Latest posts

Back